Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Product confusion
Hauge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2006 05:25 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Cyberlink's product offering confuses me. To avoid sales talk I ask you: when using PowerDirector do I exploit the maximum capability from Cyberlink in terms of capturing, editing, producing, authoring and burning? There is a huge overlap in the products as they are described and it is not obvious how the features rank.

Should I stick to PowerDirector, or should I use it in combination with other Cyberlink products?
anders [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 06:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
It depends...
I use power Director, but it can't burn DVD/CD's.. nothing happen..
therefor I previously also used Power Producer, ..that now can't open at all...
therefore I used Nero + Nero visonexpress where you now can't add files to burn..
therefore I now have tried to use Xp burning capabilities, but... get this message:
"there are files ready to burn", BUT the folder is empty...
I hate computers...
And don't tell me to update..
I have updated all programs included Windows servicepack you name it..., explorer, hardware, new drivers everywhere.

anyone that know about relieble software??
then please tell me.
shona155 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2014 05:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Should I stick to PowerDirector, or should I use it in combination with other Cyberlink products?
dhoom
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Should I stick to PowerDirector, or should I use it in combination with other Cyberlink products?

I would recommend Powerdirector 13 Ultra as a minimum, If you want more functions and extra programs, go for Director Suite 3.

Powerdirector 13 Ultra
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/features_en_US.html

Director Suite 3
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/director-suite/features_en_US.html?&r=1

Director Suite 3 is the most complete package.

Disk Burning was mentioned.
My preferred method is to create a Disk Folder in PowerDirector, then use Nero Burning ROM to burn the actual disk.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2014 10:00

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jr-video [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2013 12:23 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Unlike Anders I can burn DVD's from within Power Director 11 Ultimate. However, I find it more convenient to create a disk folder in Power Director (as Carl312 does) and burn to disk using Cyberlink's Power2Go (which came as a bonus with Power Director).
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I appologize in advance to shona155 if I am mistaken, but this smalls like a spam account to me. Otherwise, I suggest you start a new thread and clarify the issue that you are having, please. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM