Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating Scenes
JAL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2009 07:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently bought a new laptop with YouCam pre-installed. My granddaughter thinks it's the coolest thing on a PC and spends hours on it. Whilst the scenes etc that come with Youcam are great, I'd like to create a few of my own but don't know where to start. Can anyone advise please on which software to use and how to create one's own scenes?

Thanks

John
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,

I am not sure if it will work, but you can try by creating a transparent image and placing it in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\YouCam\FunnyScene

Did you know that you can download more scenes from DirectorZone here:

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/youcam/#ENV_-1_createtime_0_thumb_1

I am sure your grand daughter will get a kick out of this one: http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/13480

Regards,
David

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 31. 2009 06:11

JAL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2009 07:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
David,
Thanks for the advice. I have actually tried using a transparent background .png file and it works. However, to get the video input to shrink down and display in a part of that png, appears to require another file to hold that information.

The directorzone site too, is very good, with loads of excellent downloads, which I had tried. I'd just like to be able to make my own personalised ones.

John
mwaraitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2020 17:57 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am also searching a soltion to this, havent move forward as yet, It doesn't seem youcam is hight priority project of cyberlink as it has only "funny images" for scences, not professional images/ Anyone with any idea on how to create scences for youcam