Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recombine split Audio and Video?
Zamora18314 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2008 17:23 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to recombine audio and video that has been split? Clips were originally split to solve A/V sync problem (quite successfully). Trying to reposition split A/V is very difficult unless someone has a suggestion, or it is possible to recombine.
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
If you split the audio out, its just on the clip in the timeline. If you reload the clip in the timeline the audio is still there BUT if it was originally out of sync that won't help.

Is that what you mean?
Zamora18314 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2008 17:23 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Reloading the clips probably best (maybe only) option; however, there are dozens of clips involved. Yes, I should have planned better, but got desperate to fix A/V sync problem throughout very long project. Was hoping that I wouldn't have to re-trim and reload all these clips. After I reload and reposition, I can re-split to eliminate nagging A/V sync problem. Thanks for the help.
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Personally, I would just sync the audio, it would probably take less time, especially with a bunch of clips. If you need to move the audio track itself put another piece of audio in front and trim it back and forth and butt the track you want to use up against it. If not, then trim your video to meet up with the audio.

I know that some people use soundwaves, I have no clue how to do that, I use eye and ear to sync audio, BUT depending upon what you've done so far, that might be your best bet.
Compaq__ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2009 16:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is it possible to recombine audio and video that has been split? Clips were originally split to solve A/V sync problem (quite successfully). Trying to reposition split A/V is very difficult unless someone has a suggestion, or it is possible to recombine.

I know what you mean. That works but I just spent the last 4 hours fixing the AV sync problem! All because of a bug that they don't fix. But they release a new version. That's brilliant!