Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Little Win7 Glitch. Can't create custom .PRX files on Win7
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like I found my first PD7 hiccup on the win7 platform (not counting the ******** 100MB LIMIT ON YOUTUBE UPLOAD FILES THAT HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR 7 MONTHS)

There seems to be no Windows Media Profile Editor with the version of Windows Media Player that comes with Win7. So you can't reduce the bitrate of the standard PD7-provided templates (which you wouldn't need to do if it were not for the ******** 100MB LIMIT ON YOUTUBE UPLOAD FILES THAT HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR 7 MONTHS)

Of course theres a workaround. Don't use PD7 features such as Youtube upload when your file size is over 100MB (which just about any HD file is)

I just wish they would fix the ******** 100MB LIMIT ON YOUTUBE UPLOAD FILES THAT HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR 7 MONTHS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2009 03:17

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Glenn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2009 20:30 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have no idea how to fix your problem, but I find your terminology offensive!

How about you use a more acceptable adjective to describe the 100MB limit!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5691ba02-e496-465a-bba9-b2f1182cdf24&displaylang=en

and Tutorial
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/218/creating-wmv-templates/
and has the link
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series

Versions of XP also do not include the prx editing tool.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 27. 2009 03:26

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Geez - it must have been a good ******* adjective!
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Geez - it must have been a good ******* adjective!

In America when we adjust our cars, you either advance the timing or you ****** the timing. Yea, could've chosen another adjective. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Oh! I would think that if the word "retarded" was offensive to anybody in that context, then pretty much any other ******* word would be too.

We tune our cars in OZ too... and we have running water, traffic lights and all sorts of stuff, including people who are too easily offended.

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!