Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVCHD Files
Larry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2009 22:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased a new Canon HD camcorder.
It uses the AVCHD format. Will PowerDirector 7
Ultimate work with these files? And if so, with all qualities?

I have version 6 and Love It!

Thank You In Advance.

Larry
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Larry -

Fear not! You are in good company. There are many Canon users in the forum (me too) and they have particular ways of processing AVCHD.

A quad core is a necessity!

There are a couple of related posts at

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7228.page

and

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6882.page

and many more - just use the Search link at the top.

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Canon HG20 and PD7 works will even at the highest settings. I normally render to the blue ray profile. Others use the HD WMV profiles. PD8 is rumored to come out in a few weeks and it is supposed to have better support than PD7 .

Tony is right that you need a quad core. A 2 GHz dual core is barely adequate provided you have enough disk space (at least 300 GBs if you use it a lot). Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Larry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You Much.
I have a dual core with 3 Gigs of RAM
and 300 Gigs of space.
Looks like I need a new PC!

I have the HG21.

I will wait for v8.

Thanks again guys!
Larry [Avatar]
[Post New]
LOL!!!
James Is a Cheesehead!
I'm from GB!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Larry,
I think he supports "the Packers" but I could be wrong and I'm sure James will correct all.
Dafydd
pepe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2009 17:40 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello:

I have Canon HG21 and this is the the result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksLzCW88QvU&feature=player_embedded
I am a beginner but I am very happy with PD7. I use WMV standard wmedia 9HD.

Pepe
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Larry, It's nice to find another Wisconsinite. I'm from Oshkosh, but now live in Florida. The pic was taken from the GB Packer Hall of Fame.

Dafydd, Larry is right in his description. That is indeed the nickname for those from the Dairy State who happen to support the Packers and wear a certain yellow colored triangular shaped hat. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
[Post New]
Pepe,

Stunning picture quality! Your pans are a little fast, but well done. I see you used the included smart sounds. Do you normally use the build in view finder with the HG21 or do you use the LCD screen? My HG20 only has the LCD screen, but I haven't experienced any problems with it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2009 07:41

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
pepe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2009 17:40 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello James and all:

I use the LCD screen, it's my routine. HG21 is a good camera and PD7 is perfect!!!

See you soon

Pepe