Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray playback, momentary loss of audio
DSS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2009 22:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 9 Ultra.

When playing Blu-Ray movies (I play them via .iso files), there is a momentary loss of audio at regular intervals when I play all Blu-Ray movies. I don't have this problem on PowerDVD 8 Ultra.

Plays beautifully, loses audio for a second or two while continuing to play. This continues to happen throughout the playback.
Alfie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2009 15:08 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem when I upgraded PDVD9 on my Vista machine from 1501 to 1719. I resolved it by reverting to 1501. Strangely, my XP machine works perfectly with 1719. I'm using 5.1 analogue outputs on both machines.
DSS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2009 22:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
You're correct, I didn't have this problem with the previous build revision. I have Striker 7.1 surround via SDF.

I guess I can downgrade. I think for the most part the latest revisions have improved the quality. Too bad about the sound thing. I have to use another player for BD at the moment.
cnick6 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Seattle, WA Joined: Jun 28, 2009 06:15 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have this problem with Vista SP2 and PDVD9 v1719.

I submitted a report ticked at the end of June and it was "forwarded to the development team." Look for a patch in the next coming weeks... I hope.
Alfie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2009 15:08 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
New patch (2010) has been released. Appears to have cured the problem.
cnick6 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Seattle, WA Joined: Jun 28, 2009 06:15 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Sweet! Yep, I just confirmed that PDVD9 Ultra survived the first 7 minutes of Quantum of Solace (Blu-Ray) without skipping! Yay!

This renews my faith in technical support!