Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
chroma key problem using PD7
scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2009 01:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
hi guys,

i do video reviews on electronic cigarettes and like to use chroma key to give me a groovy looking backdrop. example:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QtwrnV5clA&feature=channel_page

but the problem i have is that if i use PD7 to add the background then the vapour comes out looking very pixelated and a bit odd!
so instead i have to use sony vegas pro 9 to do the chroma key (vapour appears perfect!), then render it and then use PD7 to do the rest of the video (titles, transitions etc)

i much prefer to use PD7 as its so much simpler to use compared to vegas but it would save me a lot of time if i could use PD7 to add the backdrop rather than vegas.

i appreciate that PD7 only has an "intensity" slider to use rather than the high and low thresholds that vegas offers, but is there any way i can get it to work better so the vapour does not appear pixelated when using PD7 to add the background?

i record in AVCHD and use a blue screen for chroma key.

thanks for any help

cheers,

scott

WWW.E-CIG-REVIEWS.COM

if you are looking for a healthier alternative to smoking then visit my site to watch unbiased reviews on the latest electronic cigarettes, electronic cigars and electronic pipes.