Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
where's my powerdvd download link?
Najam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2009 18:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I purchased yesterday (order no: 4002209117) the upgrade product from PowerDVD 7 Ultra to PowerDVD 9 Ultra and also purchased the Extended Download Service.

However I cannot find any link in my Order Status or My Profile to download the upgrade product and also cannot find any Serial Keys for the product.

I have contacted Cyberlink Support (ticket no: CS000691996) but haven't had a response.

I feel like I've been scammed! And I am very very disappointed with what has happened.

Can someone please advise what I can do to obtain my download and serial key?

Regards
Najam
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Najam,

Assuming that you purchased PowerDVD9 upgrade from CyberLink, then you should have received a confirmation email from Digital River, this normally includes a download link and the activation key. Your first point of contact should be Digital River, send a copy of your purchase order and ask for the link and key. If you get no response, then contact Technical Support.

Robert
Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Najam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2009 18:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert

Thank you for getting back to me.

Soon after posting my message I got a reply from Tech Support with a link to download and serial key which has sorted the problem out.

I did receive the confirmation email from Digital River but it doesn't have a link to download or the serial key. Maybe because I also purchased the Extended Download Service ....

Cheers
Najam
Jazzman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2009 03:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am in the same boat (except extended d/l service). The instruction was to logon Cyberlink site and check "Order Status" to get the download link and other relevant info. They are blank. I tried with IE and Firefox to make sure that I don't have a browser issue.

Obviously something is not working here. I already sent a note to the tech services but I suggest someone to look into this issue as it might impact other customers as well.

Thanks

Quote: Hi Robert

Thank you for getting back to me.

Soon after posting my message I got a reply from Tech Support with a link to download and serial key which has sorted the problem out.

I did receive the confirmation email from Digital River but it doesn't have a link to download or the serial key. Maybe because I also purchased the Extended Download Service ....

Cheers
Najam
Glenn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2009 20:30 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I had a problem downloading the program but turned off my Firewall and Virus protection and that did the trick.

That may help.
Jazzman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2009 03:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestion. I finally got my link through another e-mail. It looks like there is a time delay (couple of hours) between buying the product and receiving an e-mail with the D/L link. I think this must be made clear to customers when they buy a product. I have no idea why it is not instantaneous as I paid via PayPal.

In the mean time:

1. Do not use a download manager when you use the link. It turned out to be I had 11 times/rights to download it and before I finished the first download it was stopped and I got a message saying I used up all of my 11 attempts! It happened within a minute or two but obviously the server is not that clever.

2. Do not rely on your OEM copy of PowerDVD's internal upgrade option. It turned out to be not valid. Don't ask me why there is an option in the first place.

In the end, I applied for a refund.

I hope this might be useful for other people.

Cheers