Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Annoying Audio Graph Loading
The Phil
Newbie Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Joined: Jul 13, 2006 15:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Anybody else really annoyed with the loading of the audio graph? I find it so F'N annoying. I remember in an early version, it did not do this and made editing a lot faster and easier to deal with. I really wish we could turn off this feature as the benefit of it not being there outweighs the benefit of it being there. I may not be god, but I'm damn good!
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
My copy of PD5 Premium seems to run ok with this part but my friend's PD5 Deluxe has simliar issue. Perhaps their engineers revised this. Anyway, I observed a registry key that might help. I hadn't tried it yet. Maybe you can tell me if it works.

Find PD5's registry in HK_CU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\5.0
Create registry key "EnableWaveForm" (I guess it's a dword). To disable, set "0".

Good luck.
dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2007 11:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks ddyy for the possible fix. I have version 5.00.1018 Deluxe. I don't understand how to "Find PD5's registry... and I don't know how to create a registry key. Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry for the late reply.

Try this way:
1. In Windows Start Menu, "Run", input "Regedit" then click "ENTER".
2. Try to locate "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", click to expand the tree.
3. Try to locate "Software, click to expand the tree.
3. Keep the same step as above, find "CyberLink", "PowerDirector" and "5.0".
4. "New" a registry key by right click the right pane
5. Select "DWORD value"
6. Input "EnableWaveForm"
7. Click "Enter" then you have it.

Launch program again to see if it works.

By the way, I recommend you trying PD6. This new version seems optimized the UI responsiveness.
dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2007 11:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks so much for your help.