Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio CD's won't play in most players
Duane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2009 18:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I will try to keep this unemotional.

I am not happy. I just burned 8 duds. They will not play in 4 different players past the first track... then they error out.

I am dragging non-drm mp3s to the burn, arrange them in the order that I want then burning. I have tried different burn speeds and different brands of disks (currently using HP disks).

My old XP machine with Oak CD Now worked much more consistently.

Is there something I am doing wrong. My music is on a external hard drive; but I have even copied the files I planned to burn to my desktop first and shut down the external.

I am running vista home basic, with 2 GB of ram.

I don't get any error codes from the Power to Go 6. The disks just will not play beyond the first cut except in a friend's car. Not in my stereo (2 years old) not in my portable DVD (3 years old) or my car (5 years old).

I didn't hear that there was a CD format change... was there one?

I haven't made this many coasters since the win 3.11 days.

Help!

Duane.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Duane,

Have you tried burning the discs with other software?

It sounds like to me that it could possibly be your burning device, not the software. The discs are obviously not burning correctly. I find so many times that my burner wigs out on me.

The software should work consistently, unless it gets corrupted. The burner is the hardware that can easily malfunction.

Just a thought...hope it works out for ya.

Dave
Duane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2009 18:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am now 95% sure the problem is with the software.

I just burned 3 in a row that play in the car using Media Player 11.

Guess I should have taken my own advice, that you can do most everything you need to with the Windows package.

Duane.