Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Playback At All For V. 9
Chocolate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2009 00:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just DL'd the trial version of V. 9, and its driving me crazy!

No matter what I point it to for playback (mp3, avi, etc.), it generates an error and closes. When I go into Configuration PowerDVD Settings, I can click on any tab EXCEPT VIDEO. As soon as I click it, it shows the same information listed under the DVD tab, freezes, then generates errors again and closes.

Before I uninstall this, I would like to see if its even worth the trouble its cost me so far.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2009 00:56

DrQuiet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2009 15:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
It does help if you inform people what you have hardware/software wise.

You need to start with that as we have Windows 98/2000/XP Vista and some test Windows 7 RC. If they can be are running 32bits (x86) or 64 bits (EMT64/AMD64) kernels

Then we have laptop, desktops and netbooks.

Take your pick...

Info is needed, start with that.

Basic thing you did try:

* making sure your flavor of windows is up to date.
* made sure you hardware is up to date (firmware)
* made sure you have tried this all with the latests drivers for that hardware.

Checked if no malware/spyware/virus is active.

Just a couple of things you did try right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2009 14:35

Chocolate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2009 00:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I run AVG Security Suite, updated once daily, with Pest Patrol and Spyware Blaster running quietly in the background. I keep WinFirewall off. System is desktop XP. I have not checked drivers for hardware in months, though.

I run one or another AV in the wee hours as I sleep. It would be odd if THAT were the problem since all other media software I've DL'd this week seem to work just fine.

However-- I wil be switching later today to a 3.0 GHz/750 GB HD/ 4GB ram system, again WinXP desktop. Once I'm up and running, I will DL the program once more and see if it works properly. I'll report, pass or fail. Thanks for the advice so far...
wai [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2009 02:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just DL'd the trial version of V. 9, and its driving me crazy!

No matter what I point it to for playback (mp3, avi, etc.), it generates an error and closes. When I go into Configuration PowerDVD Settings, I can click on any tab EXCEPT VIDEO. As soon as I click it, it shows the same information listed under the DVD tab, freezes, then generates errors again and closes.

Before I uninstall this, I would like to see if its even worth the trouble its cost me so far.

i have the same problem with you too since i do a fresh installation of vista sp2 ....

how to fix it ???
now i cant use powerdvd to play dvd vedio ......
wai [Avatar]
[Post New]

i have the same problem with you too since i do a fresh installation of vista sp2 ....

how to fix it ???
wai [Avatar]
[Post New]

how to fix it ???
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2009 06:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm experiencing similar problems with the Deluxe version (9.0.1719.0) under Vista since I installed SP2.
Media files playes ok but any DVD video playback never starts. Just a black screen. If I wait long enough for it to unfreeze, sometimes the audio comes along but video is still black.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2009 06:18

Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2009 10:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem folks and I've been communicating with tech support on and off since Feb. or March of this year. The third time I installed Power DVD 9 Ultra it didn't ask me to uninstall 8 so I left the install alone. So, I can still use 8 but 9 has never worked. It simply crashes. This has got to be the crappiest version of Power DVD that has ever been released. They left out options that were available to Power DVD 8 users and it's been a problem right from the start. Aye yi yi. They must know that Power DVD 9 Ultra is the Windows ME of their product.

Mark
STEFAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 07:21 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
i have the same problem and i could fix it bei disable a function in my comodo-firewall.
Look here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7068.page

Maybe it will fix your problems.