Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems to pass the MOD files to the Powerdirector express
Raul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2007 09:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
hi everyone.
I have just bought a gz-mg77 and after recording with it I find myself unable to import the video files to powerdirector express or any other editing program, it always appear a error message.
I am living in japan and I cant read japanese so maybe I am jumping some step to transfer my files from the pc to the powerdirector. Can anyone please tell me what to do once I have passed my videofiles from the camera to the Pc? What i have to do to pass the videofiles from the pc to the powerdirecto express?.
THanks a lot.

Raul
JENNIFER [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: Jan 03, 2007 23:58 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have never put my files onto the computer, I grab directly from the camera while it is hooked up through usb. I think I have read here that they would rather you go to computer to PD, but I have never had a problem with it the way I do. I hook the computer up, open files(the manilla envelopo left hand side) and find my JVC_HDD and open it up....it then loads everythingt o PD and I am set to go, I just have to keep the camera hooked up during the entire process til the burn is complete.
I may have been of no help, but I thought I would just give ya a little of what I do, and see if that can work for you.
Oh a side note, if its the version of PD that I got with my camera originally, there is only ONE of the 2 types of files that will transfer, I think its the MOV. files, but I could be wrong....but there are 2 types when you look at your files (mov. and mod.), only one will be seen in PD from what I recall....lol sorry I sometimes even confuse myself, burden of being a blonde!
Good luck..
Jenn

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2007 13:43

having 4 kids is similar to be
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

It's the *.MOD extension files that are the video file.

MOV009.MOD

To view the extension of video files or any file go to:
Any Folder/Tools/Folder Options/View tab
Look at the "Advanced settings" display
Untick - Hide extensions for known file types

Dafydd
Raul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2007 09:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Jennifer!

I tried your way and it doesnt let me to transfer the files your way.Directly from the camera to the powerdirector.

Can anyone help me ? My PD doesnt read the MOD files. This is what I do.
1- I copy the SD_VIDEO files from my gz-mg77 into a folder a create in my videos folder.
2- I open Power D irectorExpress and I press the load media button and import file but it appears an error message that a error has occured importing the files it gives me no further explanation.

Shall I copy other folders from the camera hard drive into the new folder where i copied the SD-VIDEO files? Shall I put something inside those folders?

Please help me.

Raul.
Shannon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2007 21:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem as Raul.

I can't load my media files into Power Director. When I try, it says an error occurred but that's all it says.

I don't care if I use PowerDirector or MovieMaker. I tried changing the file name to .mpg and .avi and .m2v and import using MovieMaker. I get sound, but no video.

Can anyone advise on how to edit videos using either PowerDirector or MovieMaker before I go insane?

Also, does anyone else think it's ridiculous that Cyberlink won't allow customers to talk to a human being without paying $29.99???
andy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2006 00:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Shannon- I make a new folder on the desktop and lable it "new project" or whatever.
I then open up the everio by doing the "my computer/whatever the USB port is" (J on mine)
double click the SD-Video and it shows the little clips. the numbering system is wierd (IMO) but that is explained in the JVC manual
I then click on the vid I want, and drag it to the new desktop folder and drop it/them there. Put all the stuff you want to edit in here!
open power director so you can see the timeline thing
on the top left area is a small black file folder deal click it. it has a choice of files or the entire folder.
you can select the whole (new) folder, and it asks "do you want to merge with the existing library?" (or something close to that) YES.
Then you will see tiny snippets of your vid in the box area. click and drag them to the timeline, and enjoy editing.
BE SURE TO SAVE as you are editing, when your comp locks, you will be sad!(top left tab, file, save)

Hope this helps!
Shannon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2007 21:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
well, the problem was that it won't let me load the .mod files. i tried changing them to .mpg like someone suggested. that wouldn't work either. so, i then tried changing them to .avi and for some strange reason that works. i just hope i don't encounter anymore problems as i begin to edit. all i did last night was change the 50 or so video snippets i had to .avi. the real fun is about to begin.

thanks.