Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 7 closes when trying to play BLU-RAYs
Simon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2009 13:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Everytime I click play to watch a BLU-RAY film, Power DVD simply closes. I can watch HD DVDs fine with no errors however using the same setup.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 Bit.

Is there any solution?
elmo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2009 21:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem when trying to play BD's Dark Knight and Ironman since the latest update. Works fine with Transformers and Quantum of Solace. Haven't tried any other titles.

Power DVD 7
Windows XP SP3

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22. 2009 21:40

Simon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2009 13:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried uninstalling powerDVD 7 and then reinstalling it from the disc without updating, Seems to play most discs fine although I haven't played that many.
elmo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've tried the uninstall/restore/reinstall. But PDVD won't play anything without having to do an update.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2009 10:42

elmo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I contacted Tech support. They sent me a link for a patch and another update. Will try it later tonight.
Oswald [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2009 12:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
It seems that a lot of people have had PowerDVD stop working or have some type of issue ever since the patch came out and Cyberlink is simply ignoring the problem. I have tried all their patches and reinstall instructions with no luck.