Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu duration
Ajay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2009 07:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Why is the menu duration in pd7 restrcited to 99 seconds. Is this standard dvd architecture?

I am looking to insert a 2 minute video as a menu background.
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
You would have to ask Cyberlink why the menu duration is limited to 99 seconds.

But there is a workaround which may help a little.

Split your 2-minute video into two parts, one of 21 seconds and the other 99 seconds, and Produce these as separate .avi files. Use Part 2 (99 seconds) as your background video on your menu template, and use Part 1 (21 seconds) as a First Play video. Your DVD should then open with the complete two-minute video, with the menu showing over the last 99 seconds of it.

Not quite a 2-minute menu, but close.

HTH

Robert
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Great thinking Robert!

If I ever need a 2 minute menu, I'll remember that. Good workaround... I've noticed that more experienced users of PD get very good at that.

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
This is one of my pet peeves. I like to use music behind my menus but inevitably, no matter how long the video is that you use as the menu, it maxes out at - I think - 1:39 sometimes that just isn't where I want it. I would love to see Cyberlink (I have made this suggestion and used that in my wish list too) give me the option to choose the length of my menu.