Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trim save caused program to close
[Post New]
I've been usingPD Utra 7 for many months on my Vista system without problems. I now have a problem and don't think it is Vista related because it didn't happen before.

I string a lot of mpg clips together to form my video. I usually have to do some trimming of the clips, which used to be no trouble. Now it seems I cannot trim anything. I can use the trim function, make my trim start or stop marks but as I click the "ok" button, the program states it is closing.

Any known issues with this or any ideas.

Do I need to reinstall? Regards,
Genie
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Genie -

I've never had that problem, but it sounds like uninstalling might be the best option.

Use Windows Install Clean Up - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301) - then reinstall it. This will usually fix whatever is wrong.

Another freeware alternative is Revo Uninstaller...
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Both these will remove unnecessary registry files, which the regular windows uninsaller won't.

Cheers -

Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2009 15:57

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I have just installed the latest trial version of PowerDirector and had exactly the same thing happen. Also, I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and then tried again, but the same thing happened again. It even happens with the supplied sample video clip, so it's nothing to do with my own clips. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, fully updated. I have raised a support ticket and am waiting for a response at the time of writing this. Regards

Brian E
[Post New]
Thank you for your help.

I am back to normal now after the uninstall, cleaning the registry and reinstalling.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15. 2009 14:11

Regards,
Genie