Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
P DVD 9 ULTRA,VERY HAPPY
Les [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2007 00:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have installed 9 Ultra V1719 utilizing Nvidia driver 182.5 for Vista 64 bit O-S and GTX280 video card.(Experienced unstable operation while watching TV via P- Cinema 6 with 186 Driver and DVD playback via 9. Blu Ray seemed OK)
I am so happy with Ultra 9! I feel that after all this time, things are really starting to look good. Picture resolution has been enhanced and sound alignment issues are being managed.
I can give Cyberlink a big hands up for improved quality here also. Dolby True HD is almost perfect and the flags have been restored to trigger external decoders into Dolby EX for True HD.
The only problem left requiring more effort is with DTS HD, where I still experience glitches with play back. I.E sound stays align but the movie will hesitate between sound file changes.
I am unable to ascertain whether this is a buffer problem or simply software. Playing the movie from the high speed channels via hard drive improves things a little.The software still lacks the flags to notify the decoder to switch to DTS Discrete or DTS-ES.
All in all a big thanks to Cyberlink.
Cheers Les
art [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2009 06:15 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Not me, a new PC, the most expensive of the store.
and many many bugs with dvd power 9 ultra.
even Store sellers are tired and have the same concerns as me.

Aaron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2009 11:35 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'd agree that the latest updates have greatly improved the situation, I find that I still require PDVD8 to be installed due to still unresolved bugs in PDVD9.
mlrandall222 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2009 10:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am not happy at all with PDVD 9 Ultra. After many patches and re-installs (last patch was on 5/22) I still cannot get satisfactory Blu-Ray playback. I keep hoping 'after the next patch' they will fix this software. PDVD 7 Ultra plays everything. Still, very buggy and would recommend that you do not buy this program!