Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't install powerdvd 9 ultra upgrade
acrespo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2009 01:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDVD 7 Deluxe and bought a version 9 Ultra upgrade.
I can't install because I receive a message that I don't have 7.0 and above installed. Also, I can't installed any update for version 7 available because receive a message the I don't have activated version 7.
Well I can use PowerDVD without any problems here, and About menu is write Registered for me. I can't activate again with the same serial because receive a message that I already register.
I try to find the solution on google but I can't. I am thinking to ask for refund.
Upgrade process is trash.
The build installed here is 7.0.1725.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 10. 2009 15:18

John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2009 23:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Similar problem here. I'm going from 7 Ultra to 9 Ultra. I'm doing it on a computer that I'm converting to a HTPC, so I had just reinstalled Windows. I install my copy of 7 that has worked quite well; I try to install the upgrade, and I get a message that I do not have 7 installed, even though 7 works just fine. The response I'd gotten from customer support didn't fix it. Still waiting for another response.
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow, they got back to me, and told me to follow the same set of instructions that didn't work the first or second time. Rotten customer service.
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
To add insult to injury, I would have to pay a subscriber's fee of $30 to get actual phone customer service. Wow again.

I checked out reviews for WinDVD 9, and they're really quite good. I'm going for a refund and getting WinDVD.
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 07:17 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
This might be a bit too late but anyway:

PowerDVD is a great product, but it's impossible to recommend because of lousy support or lack of as it seems in this case.

I have Ultra 8 and had to manually download the patch (the automatic update downloaded a file that didn't work as it claimed I didn't have a retail version 8 installed!)

A quick check on the update page shows a few version 7 updates so I'm not sure exactly which one you'd need, but I was thinking maybe the upgrade only works if you've got the latest patch? It's a long shot and it shouldn't matter really, but I noticed you have 7.0.1725 and there are a couple .3xxx patches on the update page, might be worth shot: install latest patch for your version 7 then try installing the upgrade.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2009 09:04

acrespo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2009 01:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
No. All version 7 patches are not function here.
I have the first version 7 released installed. This version cannot be patched according support.
To resolve my problem, support send me retail version of powerdvd ultra 9 and the problem is resolved.
Ruben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2009 03:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to upgrade to 9 Ultra from 8 Ultra and have the exact same problem. I get the window that says I don't have version 7 or better, blah, blah, blah...I should have known better that to upgrade since their products never seem to work on the first try. Whether or not if this problem ever gets fixed, I am certainly not buying another product from Cyberlink again.
Jaderaven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2009 18:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
same thing is happening to me. Upgrade to PDVD9 ultra from PDVD7. It says I do not have PDVD7 installed. I can not even get to the screen to enter in my key. Why is this happening at all? Does Cyberlink monitor these forums? They should. This issue seems to be quite common. I put in a help ticket and I am awaiting a response. Wish me luck!