Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After burn problem with DVD...Assistance request
Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I finished creating project in PD7.

Upon previous help post, I burned with IMGBurn, instead of PD7 due to an earlier final disc problem.

Now, after burning with IMG, the DVD will play in one of my DVD players, but not in a different one.

And, putting it in the computer and playing with WMP, all I get is the menu page, and cannot select any chapter, or play the video. All I get is the menu page and the music repeating.

Why would DVD play in one player, but not in another?

I'm making 100 of the DVDs for a school project, and I would like them ALL to work for the many people who will be receiving them.

I am going to try and view with Nero Show Time, per a previous help post. If I can navigate the DVD with Show Time, is there ANY reason that it would not play in any random DVD player?

Are there certain settings in IMGBurn that I should be selecting before burning the project folder to a disc?

All expertise and help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Imgburn has settings to reduce burn speed and also verify burn. Although this is much longer it will result in more consistent burn.

Some DVD players will tolerate data errors better than others. PC based players are often the best but not always.

I have been in the situation where I have burnt 30 DVDs for school projects but never 100!. That is a lot. You would expect a few failed burns in that lot! Had you considered getting the master copied by a local business?
Robert68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2009 19:11 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
The disc I am speaking of is just the first copy from PD7 to IMGBurn. It's the first disc I've ever created, outlayed, edited, etc., then burned. As before, I am a burning newbie.

I do have someone at the school that has offered the services of duplicating the discs. He stated that he can do 20 at one time.

But the problem still remains, how do I know that if all are 'mass copied' that they will play in different peoples' machines? or don't I?

What settings in IMGBurn can I set / select to ensure the 'most stable and reliable' final product.

I, along with all who create, edit and burn, want my final product to be a readable good-to-excellent product for all who view, and for it to work in all machines.

What can I do? As above, what are the most optimal IMGBurn settings?

I want to continue to use IMGBurn, as it seemed to produce a good first copy, as compared to PD7. It even took about 30 mins, compared to over 2hrs in PD7.

Again, your experience and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Robert
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,
Please do not duplicate post your issues (or with different topic headings) - there is absolutely no need to do so.

I wasted my time answering your other post which I have now deleted!

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2009 03:42

Elisabeth G.
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Apr 21, 2009 16:21 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,

Some DVD players only read DVD-R or DVD+R. So yes, your disk could work in some players but not others.

Sometimes the menus do not work on stand alone players, even though the disk works fine in your computer (you can see the buttons but not the highlights or you have to navigate blind through the menu). You can search the forums here for some menu button highlight workarounds.

When I produce a movie, I use PD to "create a DVD folder". I then use Nero to burn the created folders to a DVD. A 1 hour movie takes about 4 minutes to burn (15x). I'm satistifed that the disk works well if:
- The disk plays back on my computer using WindowsMedia Player (often does not)
- The disk plays back on my computer using PowerDVD (almost always)
- The disk plays back on my stand alone Sony DVD player.

You could try producing and burning a really short movie to work out any bugs in your set-up.

Good luck,

Elisabeth