Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio fade in.out???
Hauss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2009 22:46 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Im having some issues with the audio FADE in/out.. I have a title.. then a transition and then a video clip. I went into the AUDIO MIXING ROOM and then clicked on MOVIE, then went to the clip and did an audio fade in. Well, I see it in the time line and when I preview the transition starts and the audio does NOT fade in. what am I doing wrong??
Elisabeth G.
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Apr 21, 2009 16:21 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
What happens during the preview? Do you hear the audio at all? Sometimes I have trouble making the audio fade-in work. So instead of doing a fade-in through the audio mixing room, do it manually in the timeline as follows:

• Make sure the "show sound waveform in Timeline" is enabled (Edit-Preferences-General)

• Work in the timeline view. You may need to magnify the timeline to see what you are doing.

• Click to add a volume key to the audio level line (see figure 1), where you want the fade-in to stop

• Click to add an audio key to the audio line at the beginning, and lower it all the way down to mute the sound (see figure 2)

• Regards,

Elisabeth
    ynotfish
    Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
    [Post New]
    Elizabeth -

I was going to suggest something more complicated but, after reading your beautifully put explanation, I'm going to keep quiet (and the crowd roared with relief).

Reading between the lines, it's clear that your new baby will be in very good hands. You sound like a born teacher.

Cheers -

Tony
    Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
    Full linked Tutorial Catalog
    PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
    Elisabeth G.
    Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Apr 21, 2009 16:21 Messages: 11 Offline
    [Post New]
    Thanks! Your encouragement will keep me coming back
    vn800rider
    Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
    [Post New]
    I'll be a crowd of one, Tony

"Hurrah, Hurrah" - "what a relief"

Elisabeth
    I can't read between the lines like Tony because he was a teacher and I'm not, and, although I have brought up 5 children, I will offer no advice whatsoever, but I like your contributions.

Cheers
    Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
    Confucius
    AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
    vn800rider
    Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
    [Post New]
    Interestingly, although possibly sadly, Dafydd and myself were talking about an apparent oddity in the placing of audio markers.

As far as my systems go, I can only use the 'manual' version of placing markers on the audio line at 5 frame intervals, it won't do anything less. Using the audio room I can place markers at one frame intervals.

Make of it what you will.

Cheers
    Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
    Confucius
    AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.