Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD9-ultra: won't play ANY disk!
tbessie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2008 02:01 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all...

I have Power DVD 9 Ultra installed on my very capable desktop, with a well-supported ATI graphics card and Blu-Ray drive in it, as well as a separate plain DVD drive. PowerDVD 7 Ultra could play both DVDs and Blu-Rays fine.

Now that I've installed PowerDVD9 Ultra, however, all I get whenever I put a Blu-Ray in is "No Disk In Drive" whenever I try to play it. And when I put in a regular DVD to either drive, and select it with the drive selection dropdown in PowerDVD, PowerDVD *refuses* to select it. It keeps the "Open media files" option checked, and will not play any disk.

Anyone else having this problem? This is pretty putrid; the drives are being accessed - drive lights on, etc, and other software (eg. VLC, etc.) will play DVDs with no problem.

This is with the very latest patch, etc.

- Tim

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 23. 2009 05:34

[Post New]
Make sure that hardware acceleration is disabled in PDVD9. I couldn't play any DVD's until I disabled this "feature". I hope this helps.
tbessie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2008 02:01 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I can't even do that - just tried it right now, and it doesn't appear to like my pretty common ATI 4870 video hardware; I clicked on the "Video" tab in PowerDVD, and it just died, no message or anything.

- Tim
STEFAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 07:21 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
If a Comodo-Firewall is installed on your system try the followink link:
https://forums.comodo.com/defense_bugs/defence_conflicts_with_powerdvd_8_ultra-t39478.0.html

For me it helps