Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I create a Looped DVD that plays the same video continously?
MikeB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: May 17, 2009 23:05 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know how to create a "No Menu" DVD with PD7 that just automatically plays and plays the same thing continously?

If that is a stupid question, I am a newbe to creating videos and PD7, please go easy on me.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
It doesn't sound like a stupid question to me Mike, although some more information would help.

How long do you want the video loop to go for? Purpose? Background display?

Am I understanding you? Stick the disc in the player and it just goes and goes and goes repeatedly over and over... have I got it?

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Yep Tony - it's the player that loops the video.

No menu option is available in PD.

Dafydd
MikeB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: May 17, 2009 23:05 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
Yes I want to burn a single video with no chapters the will play over and over. Start it at the beginning and when it ends it will play from the beginning all by itself.
I have looked at 3 different DVD players and there is no way to tell it to repeat that I can see.
You can do that on a CD player but not on a DVD player.

Dafydd, do you know some trick to do this?

Thanks for the reply guys!
Mike
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Mike -

Dafydd will know better than me (or is it I?) on this, but I do remember I did this once - quite inadvertently. I will hunt up the disc and see if it gives me any clues.

I really don't know what I did to make it do what it did, but it did... which means it can be done.

Leave it with me.

Cheers -

Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2009 19:17

MikeB [Avatar]
[Post New]
I created another DVD of my movie using the "Create Disc" function of PD7 and cheked the selection at the bottom of the screen that say's "Create a disc without a menu" and it worked.

It now plays automatically and when it ends it plays again and again.
That's exactly what I was looking for, however there is another slight problem.

When I clicked that selection for no menu it automatically created 6 chapters at the beginning of my video which are shown in the Author window. They all say Chapter 1! My video has no chapters created, deleted by Moderator

Are we all on our own with tech support? Do any Cyberlink Techs read any of these?

Mike

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2009 17:00

ynotfish
[Post New]
Mike -

I guess it's not COMPLETELY alone when you're part of a forum like this! I know what you mean about CyberLink support though.

WTF? When's The Footy? What's The Fact? Where's The Farm? Why's There Flatulence? Wither Thy Foe? Ya got me...

I just threw a little clip on the timeline, chose the NO MENU option and burnt it to a DVD - to see if anything odd happened. Happily, it didn't. I popped it in the player - it looped, as you said - but I didn't get 6 chapters. Very strange.

Sorry Mike - I can't make the same problem happen, so I can't work out why it would occur.

Cheers -

Tony
MikeB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony,
Thanks for checking that out for me!
I'm not sure why that is happening to me.
If that is the extent of my problems I guess I can live with it.

In my frustration I used the term deleted by Moderator

Thanks again for the help!
Mike

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2009 16:59

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
MikeB, Please don't use that term again - I know, you may think I'm being churlish and petty but my approach is NO and don't cross the line. This is a public forum and you can articulate an emotion without recourse to symbolic characters or crass terminology.

I think Tony led you up a garden path, down a road and then let you fall into a ditch to get you to elaborate further. I believe "scallywag" covers his part in this

As for the "6" chapter, that's your own doing and not PD's. Only one chapter is placed automatically and that's on the first frame.

CyberLink tech support do not answer on this forum. If you want to contact the online support site please go to: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I moderate this forum....

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 19. 2009 17:07

MikeB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,
My apologies, I completely understand.

You are correct about the chapters! I guess I must have inadvertantly added the chapters while trying to learn the sofware and forgot about them.

All is well at this time!

Thank you!
Mike