Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Source error while rendering
dpriest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2008 13:51 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I wrote earlier about the rendering freezing at 10%. After uninstalling and reinstalling PD, it was fine, but somewhere in the middle of rendering, I get the message:
Media Source Error
Power Director failed to construct the media source as a graph. This may be due to a lack of decoding filters for the file you are trying to edit.

My timeline consists of a few DVAVI files and a few .MOV files that were taken with a point and shoot camera. Can someone please help me with this??!! My supposedly short family video project has turned into an endless mess.

Thanks in advance.
dpriest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2008 13:51 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I tried rendering the whole project agian, not doing anything different, and it rendered successfully. This is the buggiest program I've ever used...very unstable...much more so than VideoStudio. It does have some cool effects though. Can Cyberlink please make a more stable program????????? I don't think that is too much to ask.