Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Titles Cause PowerDirector 16 To Crash!?!?!?
MrJetVoodoo
Newbie Location: Sacramento, CA Joined: Apr 22, 2018 17:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey All,

So I've been having a problem with PowerDirector for awhile now I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas about what could be the cause and/or how to fix the issue.

I've used a number of different versions of PowerDirector over the years and consistently the thing that has slowed down the program the most and often led it to crashes is adding text more complicated than a couple words. On my previous computer whenver I needed to add a couple of sentences of text to a project or say scrolling credits with the title designer in PowerDirector things would slow to a crawl or just crash the program. Last year I upgraded to a much faster computer system and the latest and greatest version of PowerDirector and yet my issues with the title designer remain. I recently put together a video project that was only about 4 minutes long but was rather text heavy and I had to deal with constant crashes when adding text. I had previously worked on two video projects using the same computer and PowerDirector version that were much longer and far more complicated but they utilitzed very little text so those projects were basically crash free.

I've searched the forums and this particular problem doesn't seem to show up very often so I'm at a loss of what to do. A couple things I've tried is setting PowerDirector to a higher priority in task manager and uninstalling the Geforce Experience because apparenlty PowerDirector has had some issues with that in the past but none of this seemed to help. So if anyone has any ideas about some setting I could try or something else it would be much appreciated.

BTW, here's my system specs:

• Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHZ CPU

• 16 GB ram

• GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

• 120GB Toshiba SSD (main drive)

THANKS!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey All,

So I've been having a problem with PowerDirector for awhile now I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas about what could be the cause and/or how to fix the issue.

I've used a number of different versions of PowerDirector over the years and consistently the thing that has slowed down the program the most and often led it to crashes is adding text more complicated than a couple words. On my previous computer whenver I needed to add a couple of sentences of text to a project or say scrolling credits with the title designer in PowerDirector things would slow to a crawl or just crash the program. Last year I upgraded to a much faster computer system and the latest and greatest version of PowerDirector and yet my issues with the title designer remain. I recently put together a video project that was only about 4 minutes long but was rather text heavy and I had to deal with constant crashes when adding text. I had previously worked on two video projects using the same computer and PowerDirector version that were much longer and far more complicated but they utilitzed very little text so those projects were basically crash free.

I've searched the forums and this particular problem doesn't seem to show up very often so I'm at a loss of what to do. A couple things I've tried is setting PowerDirector to a higher priority in task manager and uninstalling the Geforce Experience because apparenlty PowerDirector has had some issues with that in the past but none of this seemed to help. So if anyone has any ideas about some setting I could try or something else it would be much appreciated.

BTW, here's my system specs:

• Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHZ CPU

• 16 GB ram

• GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

• 120GB Toshiba SSD (main drive)

THANKS!

Try it with Hardware Acceleration disabled

What is the resolution of the material you are editing? Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
In addition to what Shadowman showed
There are reports that HA activated this causing problems in PD

The way I used it for more than 1 long text, Credits / scroll
The 1st goes on the track text (text1).
The 2nd goes on the video track (text2) and temporarily disables the track (text1).
The 3rd goes and new video track and temporarily disables (text1 and text2)
And so on for more texts
This way the line of the work behaves as if it had only 1 block of text at that moment.
At the end activate all inactive tracks
I've never had to use more than 2 track even though I used more than one text on each track. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
This may just be a red herring but a common denominator across systems and PD versions might be the text you have installed on your system. I am no expert but (assuming your running Windows something) I have had issues where sometimes a program does not see text (installed) that others do.

Right now I see fonts in PD16 that do not appear to be installed on my PC - maybe there might be some pecularity in your installed fonts that gives PD some issues. Do you use fonts in any other programs you run?

Maybe this is all supposition - but I still think it has to be something common between old/new system and old/new PD and that is (could be/ possibly / maybe) installed fonts.

Alan.
MrJetVoodoo
Newbie Location: Sacramento, CA Joined: Apr 22, 2018 17:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the responses, I have another video project coming up so we'll see what happens.

BTW, the video I'm editing where I've had problems with text ranges from 1080p video sources to blurry video ripped from VHS tapes.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to create the scrolling credits text in smaller steps like in this tutorial: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/66061.page .
[Post New]
I have learnt alot from these post

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 28. 2018 11:28