Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selecting best settings when producing movies.
Readyrob1957
Newbie Location: San Diego, CA Joined: Dec 09, 2016 12:17 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I have spent a great deal of time trying to determine the best settings for my particular needs, but the more I research, the more confused I get.

I am shooting video with a Panasonic "Full HD" 1920x1080 Progressive camera model HDC-SD90. I am using Power Director 16.

I have attached a copy of the details of the files the camera generates which utilizes the .MTS format. When I select properties for the files, It shows 1920 Width x 1080 Height; Data Rate 25967 kbps; Total Bitrate 26223 kbps; and 59.94 frames/second.

I want to produce the video at the highest possible quality to watch on my HD TV and my computer. I have 50GB DVDs to write on and I have a BluRay player, I also have a 4TB HDD on my computer.

I believe I should be using the following settings but not sure:

H.264; M2TS; AVC 1920x1080 60p (28 Mbps)

Are these the best setting for the highest quality for the video files I am getting with my Panasonic Camera? I do have a BluRay player and a 4k TV, so I would like to get the highest quality output as possible.

Thanks in advance.
 Filename
Rob DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
76 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
258 time(s)
[Thumb - Panasonic HD File Specs.PNG]
 Filename
Panasonic HD File Specs.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2018 05:43

"I believe everything's gonna be alright."
[Post New]
In Produce using Intelligent SVRT if possible.
If SVRT works well, in addition to fast your video remains as the original, rendering is applied only where it has an effect.
If SVRT is not possible, create a profile similar to the original video.
In the Timeline right-click, on the video select Properties, use the values ​​for the new profile.
see image
[Thumb - produce.jpg]
 Filename
produce.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
258 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2018 10:36

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Readyrob1957
[Post New]
It does not allow me to select SVRT, not sure why.

I produced the video with the settings I mentioned and it looks very good, I will save these settings in my custom profile for future movies.

Thanks for your timely response, any idea why my SVRT is grayed out? I can select the Intel Quick Sync Video button but not the SVRT for some reason.

Regards. "I believe everything's gonna be alright."
[Post New]
PD has a profile that fits your video
H.264 AVC, M2TS, Default, AVC 1920 x 1080 / 60p (28 Mbps)
Make a test add 1 or more videos on the timeline, do nothing yet, press Alt + S keys together
Green line above video, found right profile for SVRT
If you applied some effect to the video, it will require rendering, SVRT will not activate.
When PD does not have a profile.
After creating a Profile, PD will select when prompted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2018 14:14

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Readyrob1957
[Post New]
Thank you PlaySound.

Yes, I edited all my video clips with transitions and adjusted the lighting, therefore none of my video was elgible for SVRT rendering. I did learn a lot from this experience. I will try in the future to not make so many adjustments to my video files so hopefully the SVRT feature will assist with rendering times in the future.

When I got the settings, it appears I was very close with my selections for getting the best output possible. I am very happy with the results, even though it did take a few hours to render. I let it render while I am sleeping and it is ready for me the next morning.

Appreciate your input.

Regards. "I believe everything's gonna be alright."