Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to combine motion tracking and zoom?
Peter75 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2016 12:39 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I'm creating a scuba diving video that starts with a descent along a rope. I'd like to show numbers indicating depths moving by as we descend. I can use motion tracking to keep the numbers "pinned" to locations along the rope, but what i don't know how to do is make the depth numbers get bigger as we approach and pass them. Can anyone please help me understand how to do that part?

Thanks for your help
[Post New]
In Motion Track Editor, you can add many tracks.
You can add image, video or text to each track.
I think there is no way to zoom, put a video that contains the zoom

It seemed easier the way I did.
I do not know if it will suit what you want.
After creating the 1st Motion track
Copy this to another track
Make divisions where time will change
use images with numbers and transparent background or not.
Overlap part of the image, the image of the time division, in the menu that appears select, Replace.
There are videos showing a stopwatch, you can use this or another in place of the image.
When preparing the image or video, make the adjustments, to fit your way the first image
If you use video with clock, you can try to set the time using Video Speed.
Depending may not need to split, Motion track
video attachment done this way
 Filename
moveclock.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2852 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
280 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 22. 2018 13:43

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter -

If you really wanted to make the task challenging/difficult, you could (after setting motion tracking), open the graphic/title in PiP Designer and edit the scale keyframes to "make the depth numbers get bigger as we approach and pass them".

As a simpler option, you could ignore the motion tracking and use a simple title template like this, which fades & zooms in & out.

Not sure what cameras you're using on your dive, but some (like GoPro) gather telemetry data which can be displayed on-screen using apps like Dashware.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!