Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What to install ?
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Just did a clean install of Win10 and just put the basic PD16 back on. Now we have all those add ons but do I need them ? Basically all I do is edit capture video files from Nvidia experience from iRacing ( race simulation ). So do I need all the stuff that I have available and are there any that you would recommend I do use ?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Your program file may or may not be a single file, in your case you have installed it and it works, so let us go on to the additional downloads. Those are content packs that may include things like Titles, PIP images/animations, menus, music, and FX.
I personally would install them just so I don't miss anything, particularly FX packs. I capture tape a lot and I like the FX because both Boris and New Blue have "restoration" filters, much needed in old tape captures.

Whatever you decide, be sure to not delete your downloads, so many people come here looking to replace their lost downloads. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Your program file may or may not be a single file, in your case you have installed it and it works, so let us go on to the additional downloads. Those are content packs that may include things like Titles, PIP images/animations, menus, music, and FX.
I personally would install them just so I don't miss anything, particularly FX packs. I capture tape a lot and I like the FX because both Boris and New Blue have "restoration" filters, much needed in old tape captures.

Whatever you decide, be sure to not delete your downloads, so many people come here looking to replace their lost downloads.

They are on seperate drive with the codes to activate

at the moment I only have one problem and that is no sound from screen capture ( using the Screenrecorder included ) but normally use Nvidia Geforce Experience as it doesnt make the fpa take sucj a huge hit

anyway will install everything eventually