Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why do I see advertisements in PowerDirector 16 that I purchased?
Johnny5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2017 19:29 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Very disturbing. Might I be lucky enough to have missed a setting in preferences somewhere?
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. Thats CyberLinks way of business to keep you in line!
There is no setting to avoid it. tongue-out

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Johnny5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2017 19:29 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes. Thats CyberLinks way of business to keep you in line!
There is no setting to avoid it. tongue-out

Hatti

Disappointing. But thanks for the quick reply! :
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Yes you can disable it. Just deselect the "Automatically check for software updates" option in General preferences. This also disables the other notifications from CL, i.e. the ads on special deals.

If you are a frequent member here on the forum, you will be notified when the new patch updates are out anyway, so no need for this if you are bothered by the ads.

David

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 19. 2018 05:55

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Yes you can disable it. Just deselect the "Automatically check for software updates" option in General preferences. This also disables the other notifications from CL, i.e. the ads on special deals.

If you are a frequent member here on the forum, you will be notified when the new patch updates are out anyway, so no need for this if you are bothered by the ads.

David

Uhh, I didn't know. I want to have those information, but I didn't know, that this setting refuses all notifications...
Great. Thanks.

Hatti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19. 2018 14:57