Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating text with a strike through
badnewzbarnes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2018 08:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm hoping that this is a very simple answer, but I can't seem to find a forum post or a YouTube video explaning it and can't find it in the tool. I simply want to create text with a strikethrough.
This tools doesn't have the option of doing it but imagine a sentence and then a line drawn through it. MS word has this option.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi badnewzbarnes -

You could do it with a PiP object overlaying the text, but I don't think you'd be able to get a strikethrough effect just in title designer (unless you just wanted the line to fade in).

Here's a quick PiP Object I just made that might work for you.

You'll see how it works in the attached project. If you don't like the yellow, just use fix/enhance to change it.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Strikethrough.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
151 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

There are strikethrough fonts around which can be installed, but whether they are to your taste ..........?

Google may be your friend!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Strikethrough.PNG]
 Filename
Strikethrough.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
badnewzbarnes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2018 08:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the help folks.
I did find a few fonts online that were able to give me what I was looking for.