Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to render video in the same quality as original file
CM120884 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2017 12:25 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
This maybe a stupid question but im not the most tech saavy especially when it comes to video editing lol. When finished editing a video, how do i render it in the same file size as the original file so that the video doesnt lose any quality? BTW, the original video i am editing is in AVI file.
[Post New]
Quote This maybe a stupid question but im not the most tech saavy especially when it comes to video editing lol. When finished editing a video, how do i render it in the same file size as the original file so that the video doesnt lose any quality? BTW, the original video i am editing is in AVI file.

AVI is just a container, does not say anything about what is inside of it. It can even be a DV tape video format.
It has some drastic limitations compared to the modern formats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave#Limitations

To see what actually is contained inside you could use something like MediaInfo
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This maybe a stupid question but im not the most tech saavy especially when it comes to video editing lol. When finished editing a video, how do i render it in the same file size as the original file so that the video doesnt lose any quality? BTW, the original video i am editing is in AVI file.

AVI is just a container, does not say anything about what is inside of it. It can even be a DV tape video format.
It has some drastic limitations compared to the modern formats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave#Limitations

To see what actually is contained inside you could use something like MediaInfo

As a test, I took an AVI clip, 3840x2160 and produced it to H.264 MP4 3840X2160. I could not really see a noticable difference. Providing you use the same resolution etc. of your original clips, you should be fine with H.264 MP4. And importantly the file was only about one tenth of the AVI size Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,