Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
closing gaps
antiman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2017 12:45 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
first time user of the software, been making home movies for awhile on a lesser software and anxious to get into the upgrades here (like color grading!)

i'm scratching my head over one issue! if i'm in the middle of the timeline and i move a clip or shorten a clip i get the dialogue box 'close gaps'? but if i do anything to the FIRST item on the timeline, (move a jpeg to just after the second clip OR shorten the first clip) there's no dialogue to 'close the gap! i guess i could select all and drag . but there has got to be an automatic way to take away the dead open space at the front, right? i can't find it...

thanks for any help!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
[quotePostId=300426]first time user of the software, been making home movies for awhile on a lesser software and anxious to get into the upgrades here (like color grading!)

i'm scratching my head over one issue! if i'm in the middle of the timeline and i move a clip or shorten a clip i get the dialogue box 'close gaps'? but if i do anything to the FIRST item on the timeline, (move a jpeg to just after the second clip OR shorten the first clip) there's no dialogue to 'close the gap! i guess i could select all and drag . but there has got to be an automatic way to take away the dead open space at the front, right? i can't find it...

thanks for any help![/quotePostId]

You should be able click into the gap (turns grey) right click, select remove.
antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
[quotePostId=300437][quotePostId=300426]first time user of the software, been making home movies for awhile on a lesser software and anxious to get into the upgrades here (like color grading!)

You should be able click into the gap (turns grey) right click, select remove.[/quotePostId]

aw man, thanks... i knew it would be something simple
[Post New]
[quotePostId=300426]first time user of the software, been making home movies for awhile on a lesser software and anxious to get into the upgrades here (like color grading!)

You must select the appropriate option.

see the image
[Thumb - delete.jpg]
 Filename
delete.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 11. 2018 13:53

antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
actually, the suggestion 'click on open space/turns gray/right click/remove' didn't work, and i'm finding it happen often where i grab two jpegs for example and try to move them to just after the next clip, i select 'move all clips close gap and i'm STILL getting a gap.

i did today download the latest patch too to see if that fixed it...

again, i CAN shrink timeline so i see the whole project, grab all clips and drag to close the gap, it just seems strange i can't get gaps to go away with a command...

thanks for the suggestions...
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
[quotePostId=300449]actually, the suggestion 'click on open space/turns gray/right click/remove' didn't work, and i'm finding it happen often where i grab two jpegs for example and try to move them to just after the next clip, i select 'move all clips close gap and i'm STILL getting a gap.

i did today download the latest patch too to see if that fixed it...

again, i CAN shrink timeline so i see the whole project, grab all clips and drag to close the gap, it just seems strange i can't get gaps to go away with a command...

thanks for the suggestions...[/quotePostId]

Would you kindly post a picture of the "close gaps" dialogue box. I've never seen it when working on my timeline. Thanks
antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
man... i figured out the problem... i'm on a wacom cintiq companion 2 running windows 10 using the pen. the pen button has two clicker positions that are customizable, i have the front button set to 'right click' but for some reason right clicking with this pen doesn't function in power director. i just plugged in a usb mouse and it worked fine... very strange though that the pen doesn't work!