Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can't enable SVRT to encode in power director 12
USNile [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2018 13:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I can't enable SVRT to encode in power director 12
I have Intel i7 processor, Win-10
16 G RAM
Geforce GT 1030 video card 2GB
I installed driver from DVD it came with and it didn't work
I re-installed latest driver 391.35 from InVedia website still didn't work

All options in prefrerence is enabled
In Produce I attempted to enable the intelligent SVRT

I simply can't enable this option
I'm doing MPEG-4 and I'm an experienced user

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2018 14:10

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I believe SVRT depends on your computer. I had on that would not do mp4. When I upgraded it suddenly worked. Intellegent SVRT relies on being able to match the original video specifications and often will not find a match. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
The principle behind SVRT is that it only renders parts of the timeline to which effects have been added such as transitions and titles and other special effects such as in the Fix/Enhance window. Any unmodified source material is simply copied across, which saves processing time and avoids the introduction of artifacts from decoding then re-encoding.

Therefore for SVRT to work the profile you use to produce must have identical characteristics to the source files. When I produce my .M2TS camera files using the H.264 AVC profile with its default values I find SVRT becomes automatically enabled. I'm guessing the container is not important but things such as the video bitrate, frame size & frame rate must match. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

To check if SVRT is working correctly you could do this quick test. Should take less than a couple of mins.

Use the Nature.wmv,. Show the SVRT track and/or open the SVRT Info box and check that no SVRT profile is available.
Produce as a 1280x720 .mp4.
Drag the produced file to the timeline and check SVRT again.
The .wmv should show red and the .mp4 should show green.

Delete the .wmv and produce the .mp4 again, opening up the SVRT box to check.

SVRT should operate correctly.

If it does then we know SVRT is operating, if it doesn't further troubleshooting is necessary.

SVRT rules from the Help file for PDR12:

"Intelligent SVRT can be applied to video clips in the MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264 and DV-AVI (Type I) formats. In the following
conditions, clips (or portions of clips) do not require rendering during production, and SVRT can therefore be applied:

The frame rate, frame size, and file format are the same as those of the destination production profile.

The bitrate is similar to that of the destination production profile.

The TV format is the same as that of the destination production profile.
For more information, see Setting TV (Video Clip Interlacing) Format.

If all of the above conditions are met, SVRT can be used.
Any clips that do not meet the above criteria are fully rendered without SVRT.

In the following conditions, clips (or portions of clips) must be rendered during production, and SVRT can therefore not be applied:

Adding a title or transition effect
Modifying the color of a video clip
Merging two video clips (clips within 2 seconds before or after the merged clips will be rendered)
Splitting a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the split will be rendered)
Trimming a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the trimmed clip will be rendered)

If the total duration of the production is less than one minute and any portion of the video requires rendering, the entire production will be rendered for efficiency reasons."

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2018 07:23

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
USNile [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Fenman and James
I have an excellent computer all with i7 processors not sure what to upgrade to
I also have other types of computers Xeon processors E3 series which I will try shortly
James What hardware do you recommend?

I have seen some people on Youtube with SVRT accelarators encodes in lighting speed as it should
SVRT work with MPEG-4 according to the video I saw I will ref the video
The moderator have sent me a link to perform SVRT test which I will do
But I still think there is a very important step we are overlooking
It could be motherboard setting I'm really not sure as I installed CUDA and latest driver etc.
But for sure having a GPU to encode is the best way to go not just for rendering
I don't have any problems viewing or rendering

The issue that I have I can't enable SVRT to encode which I'm assuming is encode using the GPU instead of the CPU
I work with other professional GPU in transcoding real time live TV so I would love to have same feature to encode edited video with same remarkable speed that GPU provide

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2018 11:15

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote But for sure having a GPU to encode is the best way to go not just for rendering
. . . . . . .
The issue that I have I can't enable SVRT to encode which I'm assuming is encode using the GPU instead of the CPU

I think this very much depends on the particular GPU. Many people have found that turning off hardware encoding solves problems for them. I do not use it at all and I only have an i5 processor.

I do not know if SVRT can use the GPU to encode those parts of the timeline that need it although I think it is quite likely. However I suspect that using the CPU would prove to be more reliable and unless a lot of rendering is required, which is not usually the case, I doubt it would make a sigificant difference to the time taken. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
USNile [Avatar]
[Post New]
I do not know if SVRT can use the GPU to encode those parts of the timeline that need it although I think it is quite likely.

No actually yes you can use GPU to encode much much faster
Take a look at the Youtube video reference I'm including
The guy did a 37 minute video in 1920x1080 30fps in slightly over 2 minutes
On i-7 or i-5 it can take over 30 minutes
This is what I'm looking for
There is a way to make it work I thought someone here might know what I'm missing

Please see this video reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hD4--my1QU
Fenman
[Post New]
I have looked at that video but you are misconstruing what is being said there. He is showing the time difference between using SVRT and rendering the whole timeline, not the difference between using a GPU or the CPU. In fact if you look at his Power Director Produce page 'Hardware video encoder' is not selected.

Yes, there should be a way to make SVRT work. As I have said, and this was reiterated by PowerDirector Moderator, the characteristics of the output file must closely match those of the source video. If you are saying that is the case but it still doesn't work I'm afraid I can't think of any other possible cause. Just to be clear, SVRT does not need GPU hardware encoding for it to work.

Edit: I'm not saying that you can't get a significant speed improvement by using GPU encoding. On the contrary you can if you have a suitable GPU that can do it without stability problems. It is just that this is a separate issue from using SVRT.

Perhaps after you have tried the tests suggested by PowerDirector Moderator you could report back on your findings.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2018 18:06

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
[Post New]
Quote I can't enable SVRT to encode in power director 12
I have Intel i7 processor, Win-10

All options in prefrerence is enabled
In Produce I attempted to enable the intelligent SVRT

I simply can't enable this option
I'm doing MPEG-4 and I'm an experienced user

My Expertise with SVRT
100% FUNCTION for Progressive MPEG4 files
It works for MTS or M2TS files, 100% for files with no effects on the timeline, a simple transition disables SVRT at some point it returns to work after it disables again it always does so in the transition from mode to another.

This also in PD16 that I use now, in this SVRT shows 100% green in the timeline, in Intelligent SVRT 100%, but by the progress of the render it is clear that it is not working.
I agree with Fenman, SVRT uses the CPU, it does not depend on the GPU.
HA when enabled speeds up rendering, smooth CPU work for other tasks.
In my case, render about 20% faster and CPU drops down to 50% AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate