Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trial PowerDVD 17 question
Greyson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2018 22:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently installed the trial version just to see if it competes with Corel's player. I noticed on both the Leawo and PowerDVD 17 the quality of my Blu Rays when playing the DBZ discs the quality isn't as clear as when I play them on my standard BR player using TV. I was wondering if it could be because of it not being UHD and it being the trial version ? If anyone could clear up to why the quality isn't as good; that'd be fantastic !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2018 10:49

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
There is no video quality limitation in the trial version of PowerDVD. But if you are playing a UHD Blu-ray on a stand alone player, and Blu-ray with PowerDVD on your computer, of course the quality will be reduced. UHD has a resolution 2 to 4 times higher.

Dave
Greyson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2018 22:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
There is no video quality limitation in the trial version of PowerDVD. But if you are playing a UHD Blu-ray on a stand alone player, and Blu-ray with PowerDVD on your computer, of course the quality will be reduced. UHD has a resolution 2 to 4 times higher.

Dave

Oh I see. I'm not sure why but the picture is much more grainy/just not as clear than on my TV. I doubt the Blu Ray is UHD. I was told on the Blu Ray forum that it would be the application I was using if the quality isn't as good. I'm just a bit curious why the quality would be lower on my PC. I'm not sure if PC specs matter to a degree. My PC isn't thee greatest but definitely is mid tier lower top tier. Thanks for your reply Dave.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

It is not PowerDVD, it is more likely your PC, especially your graphics card. Makes all the difference. PowerDVD is capable of playing at the best resolution and picture, so if it is not, then it is your hardware.

Dave