Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I modify/replace the background image of a Power Director menu template?
Terry Lee Martin
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Mar 11, 2018 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using Power Director suite 6 and I know that menus are really no more than modified Photoshop files. I would like to be able to take a menu template from Power Director 16 into Photoshop, or Photo Director 9 if it can do this type of work, so I can replace the background image in the templete, with my own image, and then of course bring it back into Power Director. It's something I've done many many times in Adobe Premiere Pro, but I can't figure out how to do it in Power Director 16.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03. 2018 15:38

Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Most menu's can be modified. Right Click and select modify. This is the official way to change menu elements and replace background images.

If you want to change the original image files, then there is the work around by accessing and changing the menu sources files directly

Menu files can be found on disk, try:

c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\........

depending on the version and available content packs you will find a number of menu's in the folders stored.

downloaded menu files might be found in:

c:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Menus

Background image files are often *.png files

I would suggest that before you play around and change files to make a backup copy of the menu folder structure or copy the folder structure with a new name, so that you still can access/use the original menu.

Success

Warry
Terry Lee Martin
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Mar 11, 2018 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Most menu's can be modified. Right Click and select modify. This is the official way to change menu elements and replace background images.

If you want to change the original image files, then there is the work around by accessing and changing the menu sources files directly

Menu files can be found on disk, try:

c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\........

depending on the version and available content packs you will find a number of menu's in the folders stored.

downloaded menu files might be found in:

c:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Menus

Background image files are often *.png files

I would suggest that before you play around and change files to make a backup copy of the menu folder structure or copy the folder structure with a new name, so that you still can access/use the original menu.

Success

Warry

I appreciate the help. As with most of Power Director I'm able to use my 20 + years of experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, and with some modifications, I'm able to do everything in Power Director. I found a tutorial on Director zone which taught me how to create a menu from scratch, and this is much faster and easier than it was in Adobe Premiere Pro. Thank you very much.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Terry Lee Martin -

You can easily modify menu backgrounds right in Menu Designer.

If templates have the "Modify" option greyed out, you'd need to resort to the method Warry suggested.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!