Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color issue
CM120884 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2017 12:25 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I notice that whenever my video is done producing, there seems to be some kind of tint in the video and the video doesnt look the same on any of the media players as it does in Powerdirector. When editing, i get the video to look the way i want it to on there, but then it looks slightly different when finished producing. Ive tried using a couple different video editors and the video comes out looking the same as it did when using them, but with Powerdirector, it doesnt. I love using Powerdirector too because its very easy to use and work with. Does anyone else notice this with their videos when done producing?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I notice that whenever my video is done producing, there seems to be some kind of tint in the video and the video doesnt look the same on any of the media players as it does in Powerdirector. When editing, i get the video to look the way i want it to on there, but then it looks slightly different when finished producing. Ive tried using a couple different video editors and the video comes out looking the same as it did when using them, but with Powerdirector, it doesnt. I love using Powerdirector too because its very easy to use and work with. Does anyone else notice this with their videos when done producing?

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Prefences. Sometimes disabling HA helps when strange problems are encountered. If its not that, nothing lost. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Quote I notice that whenever my video is done producing, there seems to be some kind of tint in the video and the video doesnt look the same on any of the media players as it does in Powerdirector. When editing, i get the video to look the way i want it to on there, but then it looks slightly different when finished producing. Ive tried using a couple different video editors and the video comes out looking the same as it did when using them, but with Powerdirector, it doesnt. I love using Powerdirector too because its very easy to use and work with. Does anyone else notice this with their videos when done producing?

Are you applying filters to correct color?
Tell us which filter (tool), to verify, also which format of the original video and which is saving in Produce. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
CM120884 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Are you applying filters to correct color?
Tell us which filter (tool), to verify, also which format of the original video and which is saving in Produce.

Im not applying any filters. Just changing colors using Color Adjustment and sometimes using White Balance. The video is originally in AVI format. Im not really knowledgable when it comes to the different formats hahaha. Id like to producce it in mp4 format. Would producing it in mp4 really change the look of the video color wise? If it is produced in its original format (AVI), would it look like the way i want it to after editing?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CM120884 -

Don't be alarmed. That problem is well known in video rendering... & not just with PDR. Even far more "pro" software does similar things. The degree is what varies.

Producing to MP4 involves compression, so first of all PDR (and other NLEs) have to decode the colours - then they have to re-encode them for the rendered video.

Then you have the other variable - media players, televisions etc (i.e. the thing that facilitates the viewing).

As an example, I made a little video containing only plain coloured boards with the colours labelled their RGB values. After rendering as H.264 MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 16Mbps, I viewed the produced video in a numbare of players & other software. For this post I only grabbed the red slide and checked its rendered RGB value. Originally it was 255, 0, 0.

As you can see, there's barely any difference between the colour patches at the side... but it can make a difference when viewing a video. The whole thing might look a but duller, or darker/lighter.

Each app bumped up the green value, which makes it closer to yellow (unless the blue value also shifts).

I know - I get carried away sometimes.

Here's the rendered video if yo'd like to check with your equipment.

If you could post snapshots of the same frame in (a) the original video in PDR & (B) the produced video in PDR that might help.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2018 02:47

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CM120884 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for all this information. It was very helpful. So my video is pretty much gonna be slightly altered no matter what the format is its produced in?

Quote Hi CM120884 -

Don't be alarmed. That problem is well known in video rendering... & not just with PDR. Even far more "pro" software does similar things. The degree is what varies.

Producing to MP4 involves compression, so first of all PDR (and other NLEs) have to decode the colours - then they have to re-encode them for the rendered video.

Then you have the other variable - media players, televisions etc (i.e. the thing that facilitates the viewing).

As an example, I made a little video containing only plain coloured boards with the colours labelled their RGB values. After rendering as H.264 MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 16Mbps, I viewed the produced video in a numbare of players & other software. For this post I only grabbed the red slide and checked its rendered RGB value. Originally it was 255, 0, 0.

As you can see, there's barely any difference between the colour patches at the side... but it can make a difference when viewing a video. The whole thing might look a but duller, or darker/lighter.

Each app bumped up the green value, which makes it closer to yellow (unless the blue value also shifts).

I know - I get carried away sometimes.

Here's the rendered video if yo'd like to check with your equipment.

If you could post snapshots of the same frame in (a) the original video in PDR & (B) the produced video in PDR that might help.

Cheers - Tony