Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video shows correct on time line but plays upside down
kosimek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2017 18:08 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have a huge problem with a video I am working on.
There was one clip that needed to be horizontally flipped. After that was done, the ENTIRE video played upside down. To try to resolve this, I isolated the clip in question, flipped it horizontally on its own, rendered it as an mp4 and inserted the flipped clip back into the original movie. It still plays upside down in the preview window, although all the photos and video clips in the project show properly on the time line. Nothing I have tried seems to work.
I have had this problem before under different circumstances, as have other people, so this is a known issue.
Apparently Cyberlink is unable to fix the problem.
Is there anyone who knows how to fix this? Getting desperate and ready to throw in the towel!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2018 23:17

[Post New]
Quote I have a huge problem with a video I am working on.
There was one clip that needed to be horizontally flipped. After that was done, the ENTIRE video played upside down. To try to resolve this, I isolated the clip in question, flipped it horizontally on its own, rendered it as an mp4 and inserted the flipped clip back into the original movie. It still plays upside down in the preview window, although all the photos and video clips in the project show properly on the time line. Nothing I have tried seems to work.
I have had this problem before under different circumstances, as have other people, so this is a known issue.
Apparently Cyberlink is unable to fix the problem.
Is there anyone who knows how to fix this? Getting desperate and ready to throw in the towel!

The way I do, I spin the video directly in Preview.
In the case of part of a video, I split at the beginning and end of the part to be turned.
In the timeline select the clip, in the Preview shows a blue circle in the center, act on it to rotate the image.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2018 14:50

kosimek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2017 18:08 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks PlaySound but that is not possible.
I have over an hour of video consisting of many photos, edited video clips and text. The problem I have is that, even though I only edited a single clip by flipping it horizontally, the entire one hour video turns upside down, making it impossible to rotate everything. I tried rotating the clip I flipped horizontally but when I do, it reverts to its original state as if I had not flipped it at all, while the rest of the video is still upside down.
I did however find that increasing the preview window to full screen size and back seems to help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2018 13:04