Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What Happened??
Darryl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2009 17:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am having trouble installing PD and am about to give up. Someone called Walker gave up on PD but the topic is locked. I would like to find out from him or any other unsatisfied customer, "Did you get a full refund?" I am going to give Corel a try, Walker went with some other guy.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Darryl, without knowing more about your specific problem other forum members will not be able to help you. Can you provide more details concerning the version of PD you have and what exactly is happening?

Walker switched to a program which is in the $1000 range. In most of his posts he spent most of his time complaining which didn't get him anywhere.

Good luck with your project. If PD does not work for you hopefully you will find something that does. I like PD because it is easy to use and offers a lot of features for its price. I agree that it does have its issues. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Darryl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, I can not complete the install, I get a missing file error please re install, I have many times. Tech has been as helpful as they can, I think, they have sent me 2 different downloads, same problem each time..."missing file please re install". I completely remove previous installs and I even tried re installing on top, PD will not do that until previous install is removed. I have Vista. So if anyone has the key to this problem you will make a happy man happy, I did like the trial version so much, Thanks, Darryl
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Darryl
Have your switched your firewall and Antivirus off ? PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Darryl

I had a similar problem trying to install the latest Power Producer over an older version. Eventually Tech support gave me advice on deleting certain entries from my Registry and that worked (although I then decided Power Producer wasn't what I wanted, so I deleted it and got a full refund - it was within 30 days of purchase). I don't know enough about the structure of the registry to advise you properly, but perhaps someone else out there in Cyberland might be able to help.

Robert
[Post New]
Darryl

I guess you've been advised already about how to COMPLETELY uninstall the previous PD, before reinstalling...

To uninstall the whole thing, completely, use windows install clean up or revo uninstaller (they'll get rid of the left over bits, temp files, registry entries etc)... then reinstall.

You can get these at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
and http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Tony Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
Darryl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks all for the help, seems you know all the little tricks. Yes Tech support told me to do these things, I think I followed all to the letter. Since PD will not start install until previous install is removed I assume when I do the uninstall and clean up it is gone because, then PD will reinstall. Thanks, Darryl