Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What does ColorDirector do that PowerDirector doesn't?
Wanstronian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2018 15:18 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks,

I recently purchased the PowerDirector Ultra suite with PowerDirector, AudioDirector, PhotoDirector and a few effects.

I didn't realise at that point that I wasn't getting ColorDirector. In fact I didn't even realise ColorDirector existed.

I'm not sure what ColorDirector gives me that PowerDirector doesn't - can someone advise? Do I need it?

Thanks
W
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Do you need Color Director? It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Did you see/read this?

Also Tutorials here. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote Hi folks,

I recently purchased the PowerDirector Ultra suite with PowerDirector, AudioDirector, PhotoDirector and a few effects.

I didn't realise at that point that I wasn't getting ColorDirector. In fact I didn't even realise ColorDirector existed.

I'm not sure what ColorDirector gives me that PowerDirector doesn't - can someone advise? Do I need it?

Thanks
W

So far, my need for ColorDirector is only for creating a Green Screen video from one of my existing videos. My use would be to highlight only certain people in a video, or to create a different background to the main person(s)

There may be more, but I haven't discovered that yet. In looking at the demo video, it appears that ColorDirector gives much more control over color changes, more color effects, designed to give the video a different look, or simply to look better.

Clark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2018 14:28

Wanstronian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2018 15:18 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Do you need Color Director? It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Did you see/read this?

Also Tutorials here.

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. I did indeed see the feature list, but most of the features are also possible in PowerDirector. The only thing I could see from the video that you can't do in PD is keep a moving object in focus while blurring everything else. I'm sure there's more, but I'm just not sure what!

I think that for what I'm doing, it's not worth the extra money!

Thanks
W
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
You are a little right. I did not use ColorDirector very often.
If you have just one camera, than it might be of very little value. But if you want to combine the looks of more than one camera and need more color grading for your video clips, than ColorDirector will be necessary. Have a look at the options. There are many more color changing options than PowerDirector offers.
But be careful: ColorDirector will slow down your rendering process a very lot!

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080