Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Save Files in Wave Editor 2
Namyu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2018 11:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using Wave Editor 2 for about a year for trimming and editing songs and I never had problems, but now all of a sudden I can't save files (even if I save them not in mp3). I was cutting songs for 1 hour ,then trying to save a song in mp3 it gave me an error and it made the file disappear, so I tried with wav but it froze and then the program crashed so I lost all of my work of 1 hour. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?
[Post New]
Hello Namyu,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum smile

For me, CyberLink WaveEditor is functioning normally whether I use it as a standalone or from within PDR. That makes it difficult to try to isolate a possible cause.

In your case, is the issue occuring when you use it as a standalone or from within PDR? or both?

Could you please post any screenshots of error messages?

Have you tried reinstalling PDR, which comes with a WE installer?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Namyu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2018 11:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I unistalled and reinstalled and it works now, thanks
Tom_SF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2013 09:30 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've been using Wave Editor 2 for about a year for trimming and editing songs and I never had problems, but now all of a sudden I can't save files (even if I save them not in mp3). I was cutting songs for 1 hour ,then trying to save a song in mp3 it gave me an error and it made the file disappear, so I tried with wav but it froze and then the program crashed so I lost all of my work of 1 hour. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

I have a similar problem. I can save audio tracks as a .wav file but not an mp3. I can't find the original installation file. Is there a link to one online?
[Post New]
Hello Tom_SF,

In WE, when you go to save an audio file, you should be presented with the options shown in the attached screenshot. Could you please check what options you have in the dropdown menu?

As far as I'm aware, for WaveEditor to function with PDR it needs to be installed as part of the PDR package. Do you not have your original PDR installer files backed up?

I did come across this WE installer, but I can't guarantee that it will act as anything but a standalone.

PIX
[Thumb - WE2_Save as type.jpg]
 Filename
WE2_Save as type.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
359 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2018 16:28

PIX YouTube channel
Tom_SF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2013 09:30 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Tom_SF,

In WE, when you go to save an audio file, you should be presented with the options shown in the attached screenshot. Could you please check what options you have in the dropdown menu?

As far as I'm aware, for WaveEditor to function with PDR it needs to be installed as part of the PDR package. Do you not have your original PDR installer files backed up?

I did come across this WE installer, but I can't guarantee that it will act as anything but a standalone.

PIX

I found my original Cyberlink Power 2 Go 8 CD and extracted the Wave Editor 2 program and reinstalled it. Now it works again.

Thanks.