Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2go11 .wmv file to DVD
CRAIGP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2013 04:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
When burning a .wmv file to DVD using Power2go11 on play back of the DVD the action freezes in a number of places for a second or 2. When burning another DVD it did it again but in different places.

Thanks
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When burning a .wmv file to DVD using Power2go11 on play back of the DVD the action freezes in a number of places for a second or 2. When burning another DVD it did it again but in different places.

Thanks

My initial guess is that you are using poor quality blank DVDs. My second guess is that you have other programs running. My third guess is that your playback program is having issues.

Ae you making a video DVD or a data DVD. If video, how much time are you trying to burn to the DVD? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CRAIGP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote When burning a .wmv file to DVD using Power2go11 on play back of the DVD the action freezes in a number of places for a second or 2. When burning another DVD it did it again but in different places.

Thanks

My initial guess is that you are using poor quality blank DVDs. My second guess is that you have other programs running. My third guess is that your playback program is having issues.

Ae you making a video DVD or a data DVD. If video, how much time are you trying to burn to the DVD?

Thanks for getting back. I am making a video DVD as far as quality of DVD they are fine for me to burn direct from Powerdirector. Not aware of any other programes running. As far as size about 1Gb so well within capacity of disc. Play back programe fine with disc burnt straight from Powerdirector. Also .wmv file plays ok.

Obviously you are not aware of others having these problems using power2go 11
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Brand name of blank DVD?

The fact that the place where it pauses changes indicates that you may have some badly manufactured DVDs. Use top brand names and not store brands. If these videos are important to you (like family memories), buy some JVC Taiyo Yuden, I've never had one fail either in burning or in storage.

When making a video DVD, time is the controlling factor. At best quality, only one hour of video can be burned to a DVD. More than that, you must reduce the quality to get it to fit. With a wmv file, you may notice the reduction in quality pretty quickly. Remember that you must add the navigation, menu and other items you may have added to the video.

By the way, your wmv video must be converted to mpg2 in order it to burn to a video disc for playback on a DVD player. A wmv data disc can be played back without conversion on your computer.

Also conside burning to a memory stick (thumb drive) if playback of a memory stick is an option for you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2018 14:04

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CRAIGP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Brand name of blank DVD?

The fact that the place where it pauses changes indicates that you may have some badly manufactured DVDs. Use top brand names and not store brands. If these videos are important to you (like family memories), buy some JVC Taiyo Yuden, I've never had one fail either in burning or in storage.

When making a video DVD, time is the controlling factor. At best quality, only one hour of video can be burned to a DVD. More than that, you must reduce the quality to get it to fit. With a wmv file, you may notice the reduction in quality pretty quickly. Remember that you must add the navigation, menu and other items you may have added to the video.

By the way, your wmv video must be converted to mpg2 in order it to burn to a video disc for playback on a DVD player. A wmv data disc can be played back without conversion on your computer.

Also conside burning to a memory stick (thumb drive) if playback of a memory stick is an option for you.

Once again your time is much appriciated. The disks are Polaroid (not sure if thats good or bad) Only 17 mins of action so well within.The reason for producing to a .wmv file then burning to a disk is i thought the quality was better than burning straight to a disk from photo director. Unfortunatly my TV doesn't take usb so have to playback using a DVD. As others dont appear to be experiencing these problems it looks like my set up.