Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding simple geometric shapes
BelfastBill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2013 12:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Is there any way to add simple shapes such as lines, arrows, circles and squares to the timeline. I can use fonts with symbols and I can prepare them as image files but does anyone know of a simpler way?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
There are a number of DirectorZone downloads with the items you seek, but I think the BEST way, or in addition to D-Zone, is to go do a Google image search.

Sample: Google>Image search>"type item you want" and hit SEARCH-----then when Google delivers, click on TOOLS and a sub-menu appears.
In the sub-menu choose color=tranparent. Then search and sit back while the pictures roll in!

There are other self-explantory tools in the sub-menu, all easy to deal with, and I do this ALL THE TIME.

Please note: Color=transparent will give you a media file that is in most cases a .png because that type supports clear transparent layers so your arrows, circles, etc are not surrounded or mounted in a square-looking file.

Note 2: This is also a great way to get .gif files, too, so you can have motion in the file.
See this sample------Invite to party.
All the leprachauns are .gif and they really make the video POP.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2018 13:45

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BelfastBill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2013 12:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Barry, I'll certainly try what you suggest but I have found that .pngs don't seem to be crisp enough for fine lines but I have found a few fonts that are basically circles and arrows and these will probably do the job for me.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Bill -

There's no reason a properly made .png shouldn't be crisp & clean.

In the zip file attached, there's a bunch of basic shapes. They're outlines - 10, 20, 30, 40px. I made them yellow so the colour can be shifted easily to particular needs using Fix/Enhance.

Maybe they'd be of some use to you.

There's no way to generate these things in PDR, though your font suggestion could work... Wingdings etc. They have to be made in graphics software.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Basic Shapes.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
436 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
222 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!