Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 7.3 patch upgrade
Ola [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2009 16:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm running the OEM version of PowerDVD 7.3 for my LG GGC-H20L in Vista 32 bit. The other day I checked upgrades within PowerDVD and found a critical patch which I installed without any problems.

The problem now is that I can't open PowerDVD at all, get a pop up saying: "Error Code: 00002711, Unable to load file -- UI_RES.DLL"

What's this, has anyone installed this patch (can't remeber the exact name of it but it's a recent one, April) and experienced the same problem? Suggestions for workaround?

/Ola
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2009 21:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I too have an issue with the critical patch and the same LG drive. After the upgrade, all of my HD DVD's have major audio sync issues. If I remove the program and re-install my original CD my HD DVD's play fine. This is nuts. Amazing that an update breaks what was working perfectly with HD DVD, just so I can play new Blu-Ray disks.
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2009 01:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also experiencing the same problem with HD DVD playback. I have contacted technical support and hopefully they can provide a solution for me.
Alex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2008 00:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have just had a similar problem. I installed the LG GGC-H20L combo drive last night. Upon starting up PDVD 7.3, it asked me to install a patch, which I did because it would not let me play the movie otherwise. After installing the patch, I tried playing the HD-DVD, which, after some tinkering eventually played, but with no audio. PDVD would not allow me to select SPDIF out, it would keep switching off of that output.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Alex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2008 00:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
FYI - when I reinstalled my copy (PDVDU 7.3 - full version, not OEM), sound was working fine again. Does anyone know the number of the patch that breaks playback?
Eskil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 15:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, the version "critical update" is:

http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDVD/DVD090420-01/CyberLink.5215_TaRe42_R1_DVD090420-01.exe

I also get this error:Unable to load file -- UI_RES.DLL
But on windows vista home premium 64bit.
Lite-on BD drive and 7.3 OEM
Re-installing the old version also made it work again here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2009 09:00

Erik [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2009 18:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I installed this patch and now Blu-ray and HD-DVD playback is glitchy. (slight freeze every 1-5s)

If I go back to my original version playback is perfect. Unfortunatley the patch seems to be required for newer Blu-ray discs. I needed it to play "The day the Earth stood still"

Tech support is blaming my hardware but playback is perfect on the older version. BD advisor says my machine is good for Blu-ray playback.

I'm running Vista 32bit, NVIDIA 9600GT, AMD 6400+ 3.2GHz x2, LG GGC-H20L, 4Gb RAM.
Richie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2009 22:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
from lots of posts I have read, they just want you to buy upgraded software that doesn't work which is probably why they intentially imo disabled their 7.3 software, no updates have been made since last year and it's almost half a year later

my software worked till needed an update and now freezes on all bluerays and hey it worked on like 10 other blue rays til i updated, that is a seriously bad software update and never fixed, i hear others get bad critical errors

anyone know if WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray is the new way to go vs non working PowerDvD?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 19. 2009 15:52

Erik [Avatar]
[Post New]
Support got back to me after about the 5th response and gave me a full version of 7.3 Ultra. This however still had the same issues and jittery playback.

I've downloaded a trial version of Total Media Theatre 3 from Arcsoft. It seems to work well and the DVD upscaling looks really good. It might be the way to go.
chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2009 03:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had to upgrade today as well. Now PowerDVD freezes when I try to play anything. I just uninstalled and reinstalled, and it forces me to install the patch. So I install the patch, now it freezes every time.
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2007 02:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It freezes for me too, but when I go back to an older patch it keeps telling me I need the update, and won't play at all if I say no to it.

Talk about going round in circles.

Does anyone know how to bypass the update and get it to play with the older patch?
Erik [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mine does play with the old software if I select no to the update but the update is required for newer discs. Try an older disc that you know works.
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2007 02:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Mine has refused to play at all unless I update. But I discovered that if I close PDVD then re-open it will play. It worked for at least one but I have yet to try it with others.
Aaron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2008 19:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Mine refuses to play unless I update as well, and when I did, all my HD-DVD discs slowly go further and further out of sync as time goes on...

Why?
[Post New]
I am having the same problem. I can't get PowerDVD to even load after the patch. I can't just reinstall without the patch because I need it for Blue Ray disk playback. I also notice that Tech support hasn't made any comment in this thread. I have the LG OEM version which came with my LG Optical Drive. I am running Windows 7 RC Build 7100 64Bit Ultimate. I also get the darn Unable to load file -- UI_RES.DLL. error...
Erwin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2009 16:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is totally ridiculous, I rented the blu ray Angels and Demons just to discover it did not play on my mediacenter's LG drive. PowerDVD required me to upgrade/patch 7.3. I did and now my player does not start up, only with this silly popup of some file not loading. This is silly, I only bought this drive recently. Have been busy for one hour searching for answers, my wife fell asleep on the couch and what started as a perfectly good evening is now spoiled. Much thanks cyberlink!
So where can I get a refund for my rental costs? And how do I repair my powerdvd?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2009 17:16