Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to be able to burn Bluray?
KlasJ53 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2018 20:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.
I have old versions of Power Director (V8 and V10) and Power Producer (V5). I do very simpel editing and burning to DVD:s with those,
like a small menu and have some intro and music and so on. And that's completely enough editing for me.
But I sometimes feel that I wan't to be able to burn Bluray discs also because of the size of the files.
There is an option in all three of my programs to choose Bluray discs but if I try it says "Your version of the program doesn't support Bluray discs".

So I wonder, what is the easiest way for me just to be able to burn Bluray discs? What versions are supporting this?
I don't have to be able to do anything more than to just use Bluray discs for burning.

Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It does seem that you got all that software free as oem versions. Go to the Cyberlink store and compare what is available. : https://www.cyberlink.com/products/index_en_US.html .
KlasJ53 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2018 20:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the answer.

I got the programs together with a video capture device I bought.
So they are OEM versions and the Bluray feature is not avilable in an OEM, just the full version then?

I looked at the page, and I must say I got confused by the number of choices.

What program/version would you advice me to buy if you could imagine my needs,
(that I'm more than satisfied with what I can do in my versions that I have, but I'm missing the Bluray option)

Thanks in advance!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I assume then that you use PD8 and PD10 to create your DVDs. If that is true then PD16 ultra would be the choice.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I sometimes feel that I want to be able to burn Bluray discs also because of the size of the files

Just to clarify, do you mean you just want extra space for your standard definition DVD files or do you actually want to produce high-definition video? Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
Also for clarification, do you have a Blu-ray Disc burner? Your DVD burner that you received the OEM versions of PowerDirector and PowerProdudcer won't burn Blu-rays, most likely.
David