Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YOUCAM AUTO BRIGHTNESS???
NeonKue [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2018 08:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have Youcam 7 and use it for video surveillance. I record from day to night so of course lighting changes throughout the process. I see there’s an AUTO brightness option available but it’s faded out so I cannot click it. Is there a way to enable Auto Brightness so the lighting can change from daytime to nighttime? I have to manually adjust the brightness at night time for the camera to see anything. Then when night time transitions to day time, the exposure and brightness is too high making the screen whited out. It’s so frustrating.

Exposure can be enabled but it’s useless without increasing the brightness at night time.

I basically want my webcam to do surveillance normally during the day then night vision mode during the night then back to day mode automatically without having to touch it. Enabling AUTO Exposure and Brightness would make night time surveillance easier.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 05. 2018 08:59

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
As I know, the AUTO brightness is part of Camera hardware function. So it's auto adjusted by your webcam.

I think you can have a test to check whether your webcam support AUTO brightness (gain control) or not, say check your video in dark room, can you still distinguish the content in your video? If yes, then I think your webcam supports AUTO brightness.

If you're sure your webcam doesn't support AUTO brightness, maybe you can buy a new webcam for this, say Logitech C525, the "RightLight" function can auto adjust brightness for you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2018 20:50