Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
P2G LE 8 audio CD burn fail
David235813 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2018 12:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Using P2G 8 on Windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1) HP laptop burning music to Maxell CD-Rs. I have done this successfully prior to my hard drive crash. Restored to new hard drive using recovery thumb drive (which was 8.1 when created), upgraded to Win 10 (again!), and restored external backup.

Now trying to burn audio CDs and P2G proceeds to apparent success, but CD is blank. Technically, same software and same CDs as in the past when it was successful.

I have tried:

1. lowering burn rate from 24x to 10x

2. burning data disc instead of audio

3. burning using Windows Media Player, and from File Explorer

4. downloading and installing available update for P2G 8 from Cyberlink website

5. screaming obscenities at top of lungs

6. burning while cat on lap (this helps me, but burn still fails)

All above brought no joy, beyond the comfort of my cat.

Windows recognizes disc after failed "successful" burn, and when I insert that same CD and try to view it in Explorer screen, Windows asks if I want to use this CD like a USB flash drive, or with a CD/DVD player. That is, it sees the CD as blank and usable.

CD player plays prerecorded CDs, including my Maxell CDs I burned back when it worked.

I am attaching DxDiag.txt and P2GoLog.txt, log file after "successful" burn that didn't work.

From About screen:
P2G LE 8.0.10.5422
SR # P2G 160511-09
Licensed for HP

As per #3 above, it appears it's hardware not software, but - - - I am bedeviled using hp.com to locate firmware updates or anything to might help there. So, I figured I'd at least share here in hopes someone might have some thoughts.

Thanks for any ideas.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag.txt
 Filesize
93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
321 time(s)
 Filename
P2GoLog.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Log file after failed "successful" burn
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
273 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2018 14:48

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
It seemd P2G 8 was running in simulation mode while you burn your audio cd.
Better check your "simulation" settings, or contact cyberlink for techinical support.