Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD delete shadowfiles after an update
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PD 16. When I update to a new build, the shadow files were deleted.
I had this issue when I did the update to 2313, and now whit the update 2524 I have the same problem.
Not a big problem, PD has to build the shadow files again, but it is not correct I think.

How can I prevent PD to delete the shadow files when I update the program.
I had make a copie of the shadow files, but PD did not recognised the files, and build the shadowsfiles again.

Thanks

(Sorry for my poor english, but it isnot my native language) PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Panasonic SD900 video camera
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Klavertje -

That is completely unbelievable surprised I don't doubt your word, but it simply shouldn't happen.

Shadow files are stored in your designated output folder for PDR16. When an update patch is applied - even if you uninstall & reinstall - your output folder should not be changed at all.

What's the file path of your PDR16 Output folder?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

The shadowfiles are located in

G:\Cyberlink Powerdirector\Export\shadowEditfiles.

I am using a separate drive for PD.

I agree with you that it sounds unbelievable, but after elimination of the things that are happened on my computer,
I am pretty sure that the shadowfiles are deleted after an update.
I had this “event” before, and also after an update of PD.

There are no other changes on my computer that can cause this strange behaviour.
And I didn’t delete the files myself, and I cannot think of other software the cleanse the directory ShadowEditfiles.

It is strange, I know.

Klavertje PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Did you remember the times you update PD16 and whether the external drive G was powered up and connected when you did so? I know it won’t help now as most of us work with internal drives. That may be reason that most of us do not see the problem. Just a thought.
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Tomasc,

I am not using an external drive.
The G drive is an internal drive, and is always connected when I start up my computer.
But thanks for thinking about my problem.

Klavertje PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Klavertje,

We have been informed that CyberLink QA cannot duplicate the issue. But can you check one thing? Can you check whether the files in the below folder are also being deleted?

C:\Users\[user account name]\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0

This folder is created, no matter what drive PowerDirector is installed on.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
The files in the folder:

C:\Users\[user account name]\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0

where deleted!

Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have done the update 2816, and again, all my shadow files are gone, missing, deleted!!!!!.
PD16 has to rebuild them again. PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
[Post New]
I'm not sure, after the last update has been set, Export Folder to C: \ Users \ [user account name] \ Documents \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector \ 16.0 \
For me it should be in G: \ 01 - EXPORT PDIRECTOR \
Which I've always used, now I'm confused whether it was my mistake or PD16
PD update should keep all personal settings I guess

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2018 12:18

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
There is indeed a directorie C: \ Users \ [user account name] \ Documents \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector \ 16.0 \ but that one is empty on my PC.
I have always used a directorie on my G drive: G:\Powerdirector\shadowfiles. and after the update all the shadowfiles are gone.
PD 16 has rebuild those file, but it is very strange that after an update these files are deleted. PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There is indeed a directorie C: \ Users \ [user account name] \ Documents \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector \ 16.0 \ but that one is empty on my PC.
I have always used a directorie on my G drive: G:\Powerdirector\shadowfiles. and after the update all the shadowfiles are gone.
PD 16 has rebuild those file, but it is very strange that after an update these files are deleted.

If after upgrading PD16, change configuration to G: \ Cyberlink Powerdirector \ Export \ shadowEditfiles
What happens ?
Remembering that, ShadowEditFiles is Hidden folder. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't know. I have done the update so I cannot do that again.
In the configuration of PD on my computer is G:\Cyberlink Powerdirector\export\shadowEditfiles the standard directorie for the shadowfiles (All the PD files on a seperate drive) PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives