Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Style Template not installing
[Post New]
I am getting this error

"The Downloaded Magic Style cannot be installed because some files are missing or the file is corrupted. Try downlading it again or another template"

The template is called Balloon and is from https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/7969197

I tried 2 more - same issue.

Anyone else?

Thanks,

V
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It may have already been installed. Check to ensure that it is already in Magic Movie.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Veepo -

As tomasc says, that Balloon Style template should already be installed... that is if you've installed the contents packs that came with PDR.

As well as checking in Magic Movie Wizard or Magic Style (they're not in alphabetical order), have a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles - is there a folder called "Balloon"?

There's nothing wrong with the Balloon.dzs file itself. Here's the exact file I downloaded (on Google Drive). I just downloaded & installed it without issue (now I'll remove it).

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2018 12:39

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
FrightRisk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2018 21:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue. I tried clicking on and installing every file on that page and none of them work. I am using PowerDirector 16 and the patch I got this week. I use the 64bit version. In "Program Files", which is where 64bit sofware goes, there is no such path. All there is is: ""C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\Template" with 2 folders with many subfolders under it. If the 64bit version shares files with the 32bit version and looks in the folder you said: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates", have only the following in there:

Creative Design Pack
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 3

There is no "essentials". I am installing it now to see if that makes a difference. But even if that was not installed, shouldn't the individual themes install? Or does it look for something in the essentials pack and not install because it can't find it?

Also, what is the difference between the ones with transitions and without? They come with them or you can add them to some templates but not others.

Anyone know of a "In Memoriam" style template? Like a weeding one, but obviously for a more somber occasion?