Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove empty tracks and move tracks question
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
I want to remove the empty tracks in the timeline. I select remove empty tracks but they remain. Also I want to grab or select one track and move it up. In the enclosed screenshot I tried to bring up the bottom track but didn't figure it out. Thanks
[Thumb - remove empty tracks.jpg]
 Filename
remove empty tracks.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want to remove the empty tracks in the timeline. I select remove empty tracks but they remain. Also I want to grab or select one track and move it up. In the enclosed screenshot I tried to bring up the bottom track but didn't figure it out. Thanks
You are showing the normal condition when Powerdirector starts up.

There is always Track 1, Track 2, Title Track, Music Track and Voice Track. Music and Voice are audio only Tracks.

When you put something in Track 2, Track 3 will be added automatically. PowerDirector has one blank track all the time. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I want to remove the empty tracks in the timeline. I select remove empty tracks but they remain. Also I want to grab or select one track and move it up. In the enclosed screenshot I tried to bring up the bottom track but didn't figure it out. Thanks
You are showing the normal condition when Powerdirector starts up.

There is always Track 1, Track 2, Title Track, Music Track and Voice Track. Music and Voice are audio only Tracks.

When you put something in Track 2, Track 3 will be added automatically. PowerDirector has one blank track all the time.

Thanks for the answer. Not sure I completely follow. I put in a couple of screenshots. 1 shows how it is and 2 shows how I want it.
The other part of the question which I don't figure out is why I can't just grab the track and put it where I want? In picture 1, for example I can't grab and move the lower audio track. I can grab the wav file on the lower track and move it to one a few tracks above but not the whole track. Even then I still have two unused tracks which all I can now is minimize. It seems you're saying I can't get rid of certain empty tracks?
I just noticed that "remove track" (see attachment) is greyed out for many of these useless tracks?
[Thumb - remove empty tracks2.jpg]
 Filename
remove empty tracks2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - This is how I want it Cyberlink.jpg]
 Filename
This is how I want it Cyberlink.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - remove track greyed out.jpg]
 Filename
remove track greyed out.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2018 00:29

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Move that audio on the music track upward to track 2. You then do not need to scroll down to see the music track for that piece of audio.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, sorry, but you got it right:
The shown tracks cannot be removed and changed in their position. No.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Move that audio on the music track upward to track 2. You then do not need to scroll down to see the music track for that piece of audio.

If you have, for example, many clips it's a risky thing to do it that way.
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, sorry, but you got it right:
The shown tracks cannot be removed and changed in their position. No.

Hatti

Thanks for your reply. That's regrettable. With other programs I sometimes needed to compare wav forms etc and would move tracks where I wanted without a second thought.