Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Set time duration to multiple images
CGID [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Netherlands Joined: Feb 11, 2011 11:27 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
When I add music to the time line, the song is f.i. 4:00 minutes.
Then I add the images to the time line and want to set the time for ALL images together to those 4:00 minutes.

But whatever I do, I can only set the time for ONE image, even after selecting them all or grouping the images first. What do I do wrong or is this not an option..?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2018 06:35

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I add music to the time line, the song is f.i. 4:00 minutes.
Then I add the images to the time line and want to set the time for ALL images together to those 4:00 minutes.

But whatever I do, I can only set the time for ONE image, even after selecting them all or grouping the images first. What do I do wrong or is this not an option..?

you can set default durations in PREFERENCES - EDITING look for duations. I'm not sure if that is what you want, but in case it is. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I create my project first and produce it without audio. Then I go back to edit and delete everything from the timeline and place the newly created video file on the timeline and go to power tools/video speed to set the exact length I require and only then add the audio. I should add that I'm using PDR15 but I imagine it's the same in Ver16.
CGID [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your response, but it is not what I am looking for. To be exact, I produce a slideshow for a funeral. The music is a fact, the length is what it is. And during this music I want to show some pictures, fitting exactly under the music. So the easiest way to do is place the music first, then place the images and select ALL images to set duration of the total of images and make them fit exactly under the music.

But I cannot find the option to select multiple images en set the duration for those selected images in total. When I do so, it set the duration of ONE image and that is not what I need. I want to set the duration of the total of selected images..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2018 09:44

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your response, but it is not what I am looking for. To be exact, I produce a slideshow for a funeral. The music is a fact, the length is what it is. And during this music I want to show some pictures, fitting exactly under the music. So the easiest way to do is place the music first, then place the images and select ALL images to set duration of the total of images and make them fit exactly under the music.

But I cannot find the option to select multiple images en set the duration for those selected images in total. When I do so, it set the duration of ONE image and that is not what I need. I want to set the duration of the total of selected images..

What's the matter with the way I suggested - simple math solution.

Music 4 minutes.

Say, 20 photos

4 minutes = 240 seconds divided 20 photos = 12 seconds per photo.

Set default as described above to 12

If that's not right you'll have to be a lot more specific Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Quote When I add music to the time line, the song is f.i. 4:00 minutes.

I think PD16 does not automatically adjust to the size of the song.
What I do, I select all images in the timeline and adjust the time that will be applied to all the images (Duration button), a fine adjustment I make in just one image AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
CGID [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I can work with your advises. Hoped that there was an option to do it without calculating, just recizing the selected material......

And what if I need 7:47 and I cannot set the time higher than 7:24? After that comes 8:00.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2018 10:18

[Post New]
Quote Thanks, I can work with your advises. Hoped that there was an option to do it without calculating, just recizing the selected material......

You can select the images in the timeline, Slideshow button, add music, Slideshow Preferences, Fit photos to music, choose a theme.
In this case the slide has the effects automatic and adjusted to the size of the music. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks, I can work with your advises. Hoped that there was an option to do it without calculating, just recizing the selected material......

And what if I need 7:47 and I cannot set the time higher than 7:24? After that comes 8:00.

The time is not minutes:second, but it is minutes:frames. Your clip has 25 frames per second, so after 7 minutes : 24 frames there comes 8 minutes : 0 frames. Thats normal.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
CGID [Avatar]
[Post New]

The time is not minutes:second, but it is minutes:frames. Your clip has 25 frames per second, so after 7 minutes : 24 frames there comes 8 minutes : 0 frames. Thats normal.

Hatti

Ofcourse, how simple can it be... Thanks... ; But when I have a 4:00 minutes piece of music and I want 25 images below it, the duration is 9:60. How do I adjust it to that time then..?
CGID [Avatar]
[Post New]

You can select the images in the timeline, Slideshow button, add music, Slideshow Preferences, Fit photos to music, choose a theme.
In this case the slide has the effects automatic and adjusted to the size of the music.

I did not know this function, but it works fine..! Thanks..
The Shadowman
[Post New]

Hatti

That is the whole point of me suggesting to use the default length. It works in second only. You need 7 minutes and 24 seconds. Is that right?

So you need 444 seconds divided by the amount of photos. Use the windows calculator as the simplest way. When you have the answer go to Preferences - Edit and enter the amount in the duration of image files.

Then when you add the images to the timeline they will match your music. If because of decimal points there is a minute difference, do as playsound suggested, and adjust one of the images only Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
What if you put all your images on the timeline. However many you like. Default time 5 secs / image. No audio. Then produce. Then take the produced video/slide show back to timeline. Add audio. Go to Power tools or Action and set the video duration to the exact audio duration. Wouldn't that solve it ? No math. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

CGID [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What if you put all your images on the timeline. However many you like. Default time 5 secs / image. No audio. Then produce. Then take the produced video/slide show back to timeline. Add audio. Go to Power tools or Action and set the video duration to the exact audio duration. Wouldn't that solve it ? No math.

Good tip, should also work for me. Thanks...
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
"Good tip" - Yes I thought so smile.
CGID [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote "Good tip" - Yes I thought so smile.

It took me some time to understand... Thanks..
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Quote "Good tip" - Yes I thought so smile.

Only after I saw this response did I notice that you suggested the same thing. My apologies. I have learned alot from you on these forums so I probably learned that as well....at another time. LOL ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,