Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chapter markers/flags are missing in produced MKV Video Files
Mocchi [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Virginia, United States Joined: Mar 25, 2017 23:38 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hello: I am using Power Director 16 to edit and produce videos from home movies etc. When editing the movie I perform the Insert a chapter at the start of each clip on the first video track and the chapter flags apear in the proper place and the video timeline performs as expected. When I am done editing I Produce the project into a MKV Video file 720p with surround sound. Everything is good except for the chapters are not present, playing the video and looking at the video properties confirms this. This happens everytime and has been the same on previous versions of Power Director. Everything else is good, Video, Audio, Subtitles just no chapters, I know MKV supports chapters so am I missing something? Is the MKV format in Power Director 16 a lesser type? If anyone has a solution of fix please let me know.
Thank you. Thank You, Michael
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know, Chapters are only present in the final output if you create a Disc. Chapters are not kept in the Produce module not even MKV format. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Mocchi [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Virginia, United States Joined: Mar 25, 2017 23:38 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As far as I know, Chapters are only present in the final output if you create a Disc. Chapters are not kept in the Produce module not even MKV format.

Hello: Understood, but disapointing, Hoping someone knows a hack or work around, Thank you Thank You, Michael