Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with Produced sound quality on DVD PD15
GT534 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2017 21:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am at a lost as I have been reading and trying different options for several weeks with no real success. I have added the patch and still getting poor sound output. I make a family year in review movie every year and had previously used PD9 until getting 15 a few months back. Sounds good in PD and I have tried on multiple DVD / TV combinations. It is a combination of photos, movie clips from I phone videos, and a couple Go Pro videos that has the normal transitions ane effects between pics and video clips. The music I add from my I tunes folder sounds terrible and it changes from so so to really bad at different spots of the video. Total video is about 40 mins long. Looking for any help or maybe I have got off track from the appropriate preference settings as I tried many different configurations of producing. Thanks in advance for the help. First time posting so not positive if I am doing it correctly but have attached DirectX snippy and version and serial number.
[Thumb - DirectX.JPG]
 Filename
DirectX.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
If you run DXDiag again and then click on the "Save all information" button you can save the info in a .txt file. Post that smile.

What format is the audio in? Is it music that you've purchased/downloaded with iTunes? Have you tried using audio from some other source?
GT534 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you run DXDiag again and then click on the "Save all information" button you can save the info in a .txt file. Post that smile.

What format is the audio in? Is it music that you've purchased/downloaded with iTunes? Have you tried using audio from some other source?

The song have extension .m4a and are file type AAC. Yes music I have purchased and downloaded. DXDiag file attached. Thanks for the help.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nothing strikes me as untoward in your dxdiag. You might check your audio drivers to see if there any updates but I don't think that's the problem to be honest. You're also much lower on free space on your C: drive than is ideal (the target is 100GB +) but that's bye the bye.

I'd suggest trying a different file type for a start. If you look at Eric Matyas' thread HERE you could try one of his excellent tracks to see if that makes a difference.

My best guess is that it's something to do with the way iTunes is interacting with PDR. In my experience it doesn't 'play nicely' with other software.

Is it only on DVD that the problem occurs? If you produce say an MP4 is that OK?
GT534 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Longedge, I produced 3 songs only on a DVD from I Tunes and they sound perfect. I have done this same type of videos in the past with no issue prior to PD15. While I have had some different types of input videos in the past I feel like the issue might be around the producing when I videos from I phone, Go pro and one snap chat video. A couple of the Go Pro videos are at 60 fps while the others are at 30. If I produce the music by itself it seems ok and the videos and pics by itself it seems ok but when I put the two together then I get the issue. My latest plan is to take the videos and produce them indvidually prior to the overall prgram to get them all at the same fps and see if that helps any. Thanks for the time so far.
GT534 [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE: The songs mpeg4 will produce fine by themselves but are poor quality when matched up with video and pics. By converting these to wav files they sound ok with finished product. Not sure why but that is what I found.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad that you've found a solution, I think that issues with audio in one way or another must just about be the most common issue with PDR. Converting audio files to .wav format has certainly been the answer for others.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
GT534:

You are not the first to notice that .wav files are the best fit for every version of PD that I have used, since Version 9. Folks have had problems with .mp3 files in the past, and other formats, that were just fine when converted to .wav format.

So, going forward, just remember that .wav files are the most trouble-free format to use with PD. I have never had any issues with audio over the years, converting many hundreds of Hi-8 and VHS tapes using various versions of PD, but then I always ensured that the music, including SmartSound, was converted to .wav before being imported into PD. For SmartSound music, I have their SonicFire Pro product and I can produce a .wav file of the precise duration that I require for a given project. That might be "overkill", but I don't mess with what works consistently well.

I hope this helps. Have a great day, and happy editing!

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
CharlesK81 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2017 18:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too am having difficulty with poor quality sound running version 15. I'm willing to separate the audio from the video and change the audio to a .WAV form. Has there been any problem with this?

And I'm considering upgrading to version 16. Does it too have sound quality problems?

I do not have any need for quality in any field other than the spoken word/video clips as I'm making educational videos.

Any advice?
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
As you are talking about the existing audio within a video file, it isn't the same problem as described in this thread which is about an additional audio track added to a project.

It would be better to start your own thread but in the meantime the best thing to do is to experiment.

If you do decide to start a new thread then it would help to include information about your original video from e.g. Mediainfo and also the device it came from and the settings you used.